VR Asset Breaking

Recently I and my friends have had a ton of problems with VR. The problem where if you have Steam VR installed was fixed by unplugging all your drivers related to your VR device. However; that very problem has returned and it cannot be fixed this time

When you enter any game, you will see a whole lot of this:

This breaks unions, meshparts, textures and animations. Anything that is an asset will be broken and cannot be fetched. I was not having any problems but something effected it as of 2/9/17 and I cannot fix it.

If anyone knows what the heck is going on, let me know. I’ve already contacted @zeuxcg in hopes he knows what’s happening and can resolve the problem. Thank you.

1 Like

Just a side note, you shouldn’t contact staff privately about bug reports, just make a public thread instead. We don’t know which staff members will be working on the issue, and only contacting one person will mean other staff members can’t see the information.

Also, always post in a subcategory of Bug and Exploit Reports. This should go into Client Bugs.

My apologies, I’m not sure how these forum things work. I contacted Arseny because every employee I have asked has directed me to him as head of VR. I certainly won’t make that mistake again.

If you have any information on how I can fix this, let me know. Otherwise thanks for the feedback.

I would be very, very surprised if this was related to VR. Seems like an HTTP request problem.

1 Like

I’ve never had this problem until I installed my HTC Vive and others can testify to having the exact same problem. If you think you know what the problem is though, let me know so I can fix it. Thanks.

Just an update, when I played some VR and came back to play some Roblox, the problem resolved itself. I have no idea what’s going on. But yeah, I guess that’s a temp fix.

Update 2

I rebooted my computer and the problem is back. Animations are broken and assets stopped loading.