VR Black screen help

As shown in the video above, when I look down (which is where the problem occurs the most) the screen goes black. I can still see UI.

The glitch occurs in/when the following:

• In game and studio
  • Only in VR
  • With or without VR modules
  • Every game, VR supported or not

What have I tried?:

• Updating graphics drivers (also downgrading)
  • Reinstalling Roblox and studio
  • Reinstalling SteamVR
  • Lowering graphics
  • Checking if something clips with camera

I can’t think of any more things to try, your help will be appreciated!

10 Likes

Hey! This should fix the isue!
Put this in a local script

local VRService = game:GetService("VRService")
VRService.FadeOutViewOnCollision = false
2 Likes

It sounds like there may be a rendering issue with the VR headset or the game itself. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Check the VR headset connections: Ensure that the headset is properly connected to the computer and that all cables are secure. If the headset uses external sensors, ensure that they are positioned correctly and that there are no obstructions.
  2. Verify VR settings: Check the VR settings in the game to ensure that they are properly configured. Make sure that the correct VR headset is selected and that the resolution and refresh rate are appropriate for your system.
  3. Disable any third-party software: If you are running any third-party software that interfaces with the VR headset, try disabling it to see if that resolves the issue. Some software may interfere with the rendering or cause conflicts with the game.
  4. Try a different VR headset: If possible, try using a different VR headset to see if the issue persists. This can help isolate whether the problem is with the headset or the game.
  5. Check for known issues: Check the game’s forums or support pages to see if there are any known issues with the VR implementation. If other users are experiencing the same problem, there may be a fix or workaround available.
  6. Update game and VR software: Make sure that the game and any associated VR software is up to date. Developers may release patches or updates that address known issues.
  7. Try a different game: If the problem occurs in every game, try playing a different VR game to see if the issue persists. If the problem is specific to one game, contact the developer for assistance.

Hopefully one of these steps will help resolve the issue. If the problem persists, you may need to contact the VR headset manufacturer or the game developer for additional support.

1 Like