VR doesn't work at all occasionally

Sometimes, when I try and play a Roblox game (via the website), I get this on my monitor:

And this inside the headset:

I can’t see anything at all, and I can’t open the SteamVR menu.

The game doesn’t use any custom scripts for camera or controls. I’m using a Valve Index headset and controllers with SteamVR.

Haven’t tested with Studio.

7 Likes

Include a link to the game that reproduces this issue, or a specific repro game. Your log file might be helpful too if you haven’t confirmed this happens for everyone. :confused:

2 Likes

Happens on every place I try, but here’s the place I used as an example.

Log file:

log_2DE87_last.txt (13.5 KB)

Also seems to be on and off - it works occasionally. Here’s a log file from when it does work:

log_907D0_last.txt (15.0 KB)

Something else I noticed is that, when it doesn’t work, it says to ‘put on your VR headset’. That doesn’t happen when it works.

2 Likes

Thanks. This seems particularly relevant from your log files, so I’ll highlight it for the sake of search.

1595361196.01366,60c8,6 VR ERROR: compositor->Submit(EVREye(eye), &texture) returned 101
1595361196.01466,60c8,6 VR ERROR: compositor->Submit(EVREye(eye), &texture) returned 101

1 Like

VRCompositorError_DoNotHaveFocus = 101,

Maybe this happens when the player window doesn’t have focus? Which you can probably fix with Alt+Tab, and might be part of the general set of issues with focus stealing.

2 Likes