VR Game Framework

Recently, I purchased a VR headset, and I noticed Roblox didn’t have too many VR-specific games that I thought looked fun, and I felt that part of it was the complexity of some of the VR immersion process. So, right now I’m working on a VR framework for game developers to use to start their own VR projects.

Right now it has 2 hands with three gestures possible, the ability to grab objects, and interact with items. The hands follow your controllers in real world space, as well as your head. Grabbing items will shake your controllers briefly for higher immersion. It also comes with a settings menu I did not showcase in the video, because it only has one option which is snap-to-turn. When throwing objects, the speed you move your controller determines how fast you throw the object.

It may not sound like a lot, but trust me just those few features are around 1800 lines of code.

Please suggest features that you’d want to see! I won’t be doing things like game-systems (such as cooking or so), but base features like the ability to grab objects and create tools.

Test it if you want: vr testing - Roblox

3 Likes