VR hand interactions. Ideas for in-game uses?

I can touch the barrel without passing my hand through it, while keeping visually appealing reloads.

24 Likes

This looks awesome!

Idk what your going to do with that but I can’t wait!

2 Likes

This looks extremely impressive!

Make it so you can attach lasers and scopes to the pistol or any type of gun, just like in other games like BRM5 and a couple of games on roblox.

2 Likes

Maybe allow the player to pickup / push almost any object like in hl3.
You could make some physics puzzles like box moving seen in Boneworks.

One other suggestion I would add is to create inverse kinematic controlled arms.

2 Likes

Allow people to grow plants/trees which grow and save throughout servers.
Leaving a lasting impact on the environment.

2 Likes

I have an idea! Using the force!

2 Likes

suggestions:
doors
pet dog
slap big button

2 Likes

Being able to push stuff should ALWAYS be a part of VR games. Take some time to make it less of a static area and make it feel more lively.

also you can do some haptic feedback to make it cool and stuff yeaaaaaaa

2 Likes

definitely very nice tech. but seeing the stuff you’ve made, and the fact that these little tests of yours already have 100x more effort and tech than 99% of VR games out there, being on-par with boneworks and HL:A, i’m sure you could muster up a system that can also calculate weight and strength to give the ability to move the barrel while still having a sense of weight, similar to how HL:A does it. static stuff like walls though of course can use this in it’s current state though. amazing work as always.

2 Likes

This is absolutely insane I can’t even tell that it’s roblox

2 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/521389558269607956/908810625994616862/video0.mp4

Littol update

5 Likes

got damn that is some sound design

Are you sure this is gonna run well Noahh? I feel like it’s gonna run at average 20fps.
ah well it’s worth it

1 Like

It’s been running perfectly for me, people buy headsets generally because their computer can handle the higher demand

3 Likes

Ah yes, the “health” dispenser

1 Like

where do you get your pbr materials?

1 Like