VR has a problem with GUI's shown before the player spawns

The place above has a single script in ReplicatedFirst which copies a GUI into the player’s PlayerGui. game.Players.CharacterAutoLoads is set to false. The expected behavior is as follows:

• Player joins
  • Player sees white square without spawning

This is true for non-VR users, however in VR no GUI is displayed and Roblox’s radial menu won’t show. Additionally the following client error appears:

15:51:27.835 - UiMessage is not a valid member of Frame
15:51:27.835 - Stack Begin
15:51:27.837 - Script 'LoadingScript', Line 579
15:51:27.838 - Stack End

This occurs every time the game is opened from VR, at least from my computer. If the character is allowed to spawn then the white square shows and I am able to access the menu.

This makes games where users must make a selection prior to spawning impossible to play in VR.

I haven’t used VR in a long time so I can’t pinpoint when this error occured.

1 Like

Is this a recent issue? Did you notice that it worked up until recently, and has now broken, or is this something that has always been broken?

I was able to play games that had spawn GUIs in the past such as my own so I know it worked previously. This is the first time I’ve used VR in months though so I can’t tell exactly when it would have happened.

ok, thanks!

Im having this issue right now, its very annoying and it looks like my only option would be to allow the player to spawn forcing me to write come kind of thing to switch the player from inactive to being able to be moved and stuff.

I have also been having this issue, and i have tried uninstalling Roblox Studio, except my problem is not with Gui, it’s with hand tracking. And my script used to work until it broke because of this error.