[VR / Quest 2] Other players characters fade out / are not rendered

This issue only happens in the Roblox Quest 2 App, playing on other devices including PC VR does not replicate the issue.

In FIFA Footblocks the camera is a top down third person camera when playing VR, but when playing other players characters keep disappearing and reappearing for some reason which makes the experience unplayable.

It is possible to toggle this camera on PC using the “Cam” button in the top right corner, then this issue is not present.

See the following video for the issue:

2 Likes

This is a setting that was introduced with Quest 2, you can find it in the in-game Settings.

2 Likes

That the screen fade to black I am aware of that it is a setting, also found a workaround to permanently disable it for players.

But I see no setting related to that characters disappear and reappear which is the topic.

1 Like

The ‘Safety Bubble’ setting is what I was talking about.
However, if this issue still persists even without that option off, then you might have something else going on.

2 Likes

Safety Bubble

When the Safety Bubble is on, other avatars will fade and then become invisible to you if they get too close. The Safety Bubble does not affect the movement of other players.

Sorry - I missed that option.

But then it looks like it is the SafetyBubble feature that is not working as intended, because it makes no sense if they get close to the character if the camera is far away.

Yeah, I’m wondering if they use the characters position to determine if players should fade, rather than the camera position.

2 Likes

Just to verify: does this bug go away if you disable the green shield in the bottom bar?
The safety bubble is attached to the camera, not the Avatar, which confuses me about this report.

I went in to test but could not reproduce the issue anymore, so I assume that you have done something at your side that fixed this. :slight_smile: