VR with Oculus Quest 2

I’m not really sure where to ask this, but does anyone know if the new Oculus Quest 2 is compatible with Roblox VR with the Oculus Link Cable?

Thanks

3 Likes

I’m almost positive you can use Roblox with a link cable. If only we didn’t need a cable to use it. :frowning:

1 Like

It would be nice if it were just it the Oculus game store, but I assume Roblox Studio wouldn’t be included in it, so I’d need it anyway.

But yeah, I just want to make sure it’s compatible before I go and spend $600 on it (this includes 256GB headset version, elite headstrap + battery case, and the Link Cable).

Edit:
But I think it’d be a pretty amazing thing if it were in the game store as it would make Roblox VR much more accessible, especially with how cheap the base Quest 2 is ($300).

Edit 2:
Doing some quick research on the original Quest, it seems that some have said that it works with the Oculus Link. I guess I’ll buy it and find out. If it works, I’ll post here about it working. If not, I guess I’ll have a VR set so… win-win I guess?

2 Likes

Well, we can’t really be sure until it officially comes out, but I’d say since the Oculus Quest 1 works with a cable, the Oculus Quest 2 will too.

1 Like

Just pre-ordered it, so I guess I’ll find out. Funny enough, the headset will arrive on the 19th of this month, but the extra stuff like the special head strap and link cable won’t arrive until next month.

I’ve pre-ordered the Oculus Quest 2, because it’s $300, and way cheaper than some other VR set worth $500.

I’m pretty sure that it would be compatible.

Hopefully it is. Also, the Oculus Link Cable and Elte Strap aren’t included in the base $300 purchase, but I also went with the $400 version for extra space. That link cable with be required unless they put Roblox in the game store (which they totally should).

Hey there!

I’m playing Roblox on Oculus Quest (not Quest 2)!
Quest and Quest2 are the same system I think, so I think you can play them.

You should be able to download the Oculus app, restart your computer and play using the Oculus link.

1 Like

It might not be likely to expect underage children to be playing with the Oculus Quest 2 (Due to you are required to have a Facebook account to use an Oculus, and you have to be 13+ to be on Facebook), and the link cables are $75, and don’t come with the headset.

If you are going to create a game that revolves around VR, I wouldn’t expect Underage to be playing your game with the Oculus Quest 2.