Walking bug in a rigged mesh

My startercharacter walks like is on ice, i mean sliding , so it better hard to control, also, when it stand in any other part, it bugs and stands still.

I already try changing multiples values in humanoid like hip, please help!! and thanks for read :grin:

2 Likes

Have you checked the physical properties of your character? Check if the friction’s all the way down.
Also this should be in #help-and-feedback:building-support

friction doesn’t made any difference

What about the HipHeight? (In the humanoid) Try setting that to maybe 5 and see what that does. I think that should solve the problem.

If that does, then the problem would be that your character ‘floats’. In that case, turn the hip height down till you see your character barely float and the movement looks good.

For my characters, around 2.25 works. It all depends on the size of your custom character though.

Even with hip height in 5 has the slide

Could you show what the tree looks like? I can’t really think of any reason this would be happening.

Maybe some parts have some mass that makes the movement a little wonky. I don’t think the issue would be anchored parts, you wouldn’t move at all. And, it seems it’s not custom properties.

Do the parts/objects the startercharacter is walking have custom physical properties? The movement appears to be different from the sandy material to the grassy one.

1 Like

what tree? also last week was working perfectly, but now even if i return to past versions the problem continue,

Sorry, the ‘explorer’/the hierarchy tree. Ex:

Side note, I’ve had this similar issue happen, but it seems for different reasons. The HipHeight and checking the physical properties of the ‘floors’ fixed it for me.

This makes me think it might be a beta feature or a bug with the new-ish scaling property Roblox has for models. Not sure. :person_shrugging:

Floors doesn’t have any custom propertie, in case is a beta feature, isn’t possible to deactivate it?

2 Likes

I’d double check the CustomPhysicalProperties of the floors. Maybe some code changes something somewhere?

image of ice floor in my game, with custom properties in properties menu.

As for beta features, you can disable them from here:

click ‘File’ then ‘Beta Features’

I’m not sure which of the beta could be causing the issue, if any of them at all. If you disable all of them, and the issue is still happening, then the beta features are not the issue.

1 Like

isn’t a beta feature, also i test the avatar in a empty world, still with the problem :pensive:

1 Like

Could you save that empty world with the StarterCharacter as a file and send it here? That way I could check it out.

Sure, here it is, thanks for the help

1 Like

I seem to have fixed the issue by moving the HumanoidRootPart to the Workspace, making it a new Model, adding a new humanoid to this new Model, renaming the new Model to StarterCharacter, and placing the new StarterCharacter under the StarterPlayer Folder.

Startercharacterplace V2.rbxl (80.5 KB)

If you imported the character via one of Roblox’s uploaders (Roblox has many), maybe that was the issue. I’d imagine you used the character one, that seems the most straight-forward.

There’s this under the Avatar tab:

There’s also the asset manager.

1 Like

I don’t completely understand how, but im completely grategul thank you so much! :laughing:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.