Wall Design Opinion

I’m attempting to make a cool and neat headquarters for an upcoming project. I’m currently stuck on ideas for what the design of the interior for the first floor should be. I have a few of my own designs, but I’ve used them a bit too much and I’m interested in seeing what other people suggest.

I currently tried out this, it’s a copy from a google search of an office building lobby. How could I improve the design of the wall? (either a new design, edits to the current one, or a tinted colour would work) Please ignore the walls/floors.

3 Likes

What’s your game about? Is it a offfice, if so, cubical, boring plants etc. what’s your theme?

2 Likes

Most likely office, corporate HQ. It has 20 floors but I’m stuck on the design for the main floor.

1 Like

A huge logo on the floor, a receptionist desk, flowers, job interview posters. Etc.

4 Likes

Hm, sounds cool. What about the design of the wall though?

1 Like

Offices usually have a one plain colored wall, nothing fancy.

2 Likes

Hm. I guess. Don’t most office buildings/headquarters have a special lobby with its own design though?

1 Like

Depends, is your office a fun or boring one.?

1 Like

You could change the color of the planks slightly maybe more brown or darker and increase the size of the wood paneling slightly

I’ll try both those suggestions out soon. Thanks

You could add a frame at the bottom of the wall and add some modern pictures in panels, i.e. a world map broken up. Perhaps you could make the wall appear wavey in between elevator doors.

1 Like

That looks really cool! Thanks.

It looks great here are some suggestion:

• Don’t make that wall through the whole office/floor as it will become very repetitive and make it look worse in my opinion. I suggest possibly adding a mix between that wall and other plain walls.

• Add extra decorations like a plant or something.

• To make other plain walls look more interesting you could add a few things to them(art, shelves ,light switch, window, ect.)

• From this image it seems these two elevators share a button? Maybe bring the button closer to each elevator.
    elevator

• Maybe change the floor and roof’s material/colour.

Also what is the office’s theme because if it’s meant to be a dull office maybe make the walls gray/concrete and more bland but if it’s meant to be a modern office I think this would fit well.

3 Likes

I Ike that idea. That would fill the scene better

1 Like

There are a couple of additions I could come up with:

• Molding
  • Wall decorations, just like everyone else

What is molding?

It’s a decorative molding, you can apply it near the floor or near the ceiling. Both works, but this depends on what style you’re looking for.

In SigmaHD’s image, you can see a white molding. Perhaps adding that will work? :thinking:

1 Like

This works out and yeah the floors and walls are still being done.

Add some greenery and picture frames would be awesome!

1 Like

I really like the colours used and I can picture this in a high end office building however you can see a “swirling” effect caused at the top right of the photo. This may indicate the design may be too repetitive and it’s style may be undercut by a user’s system.

I recommend using this as a feature wall that can draw attention, the sourrounding walls could be a light colour to contrast with the dark wood. They can be built in a normal office design with skirting boards ect. This will make that area really pop out. Overall a really nice design!

2 Likes