Wall that makes objects behind it unable to see

how do i make a wall that makes objects behind it unable to see? changing the transparency of the objects behind that wall is not a option, do not send me to any other posts that are similar to this cause all of them are absolutely 𝓾𝓼𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓼.

1 Like

I don’t understand. Doesn’t one already not see things behind a wall because there is a wall in the way? Also, depending on what you mean exactly, transparency might be the only way. Calling it useless might prevent people from providing valid solutions, so it might be best to explain why transparency can’t be used. For example. My first thought would be to have you set transparency on a client so it only affects their computer. But as I said. I don’t quite understand the problem, so I can’t really provide any solutions.

the wall would be transparent, my idea is that you cant see anything behind that wall, like a invisibility cloak ig. the reason why i cant make the objects behind the wall transparent is because players will be able to interact with those objects, if those objects are transparent then the whole point of the game is gone

hmm… That is a bit tricky. The solution off the top of my head might not be ideal. But consider using a portal to a room that is identical except without anything you want invisible.

The wall here though, will probably not look perfectly transparent if you try this. And the quality of objects will differ from through the screen and from seeing it on the side.

1 Like

you can just raycast from the camera to the object behind the wall and if the cast hits the wall then make the object invisible

This does work, but it should be noted if anything extends past the wall it might affect more than they want since it will hide the whole object

1 Like

how would i do this? i havent done anything like this before