Warning users about free model scripts being outdated

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to tell if scripts are outdated (non-FE) without taking a look.
Many new users can’t really tell the difference.

There should be a little warning when you spawn an older model with scripts.
“This model might have outdated scripts that won’t work with current versions of Roblox.”

It could only appear for models containing the scripts before the removal of experimental mode.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, many new players won’t be confused by not-working models.

19 Likes

I agree, though one might argue that there isn’t a solid enough way to check if something is FE or not.

2 Likes

It might have been a good idea to add a checkbox that labeled the script as “OK for FE use”, but rn the only semi-good idea that comes to mind is marking heavily outdated scripts.

The following was an idea I dismissed in my mind, but wasn’t mentally prepared to think about. I never finished writing it. Let me know if anyone has a more streamlined idea.

Something right off the top of my head that might be very easy to poke a hole through would be making a verification system for scripts in models uploaded to the toolbox. I don’t mean manual. I mean that Roblox should require all models uploaded work without any modification without any errors. Roblox could simulate this