Warped Perspective possible?

Hello guys, I just want to know is there a way to create a warped perspective in roblox studio. I already tried playing with the fov of the camera, but I felt it wasn’t doing enough for me. If you dont understand, im trying to do something like this:

There’s one way, but it’s not really convenient and only works in PC, not Mobile.

You basically just create a Glass Material Sphere, add Highlight to it, and set the Transparency to anything above 1 (the more transparent, the more distorted it gets.) and lock the Glass to the Camera. This is kind of inconvenient to do because of couple factors, but this is probably the only known way to do it. Which unfortunately like i said, is only visible if the graphics is set to high and also when the player is on PC.

There’s no direct settings for the Camera object itself.

To get distortions like that you can use roblox’s Glass material.

This is an inverted sphere. Make it bright white with the glass material.

You can get some interesting distortions.

If you put the camera inside of the sphere at certain locations (near the top or near the bottom), you’ll get this:

You can also enable doublesided and look at it from the outside:

@Korpsii posted while I was typing. I didn’t know about the highlight method! It should get rid of the weird overlay and let you adjust the distortion.

3 Likes

And this method ONLY works for PC?

Also, this question might seem dumb, but where do I find an inverted sphere?

Anything besides mobile so it works on pc playstation xbox etc

Yeah, as Korpsii and DybalaplaysYT mentioned, the glass material refraction trick doesn’t work on mobile. You also need Graphics 8 or above. Until Roblox gives us more tools that’s all we have.

The easiest way to find one is by searching it up in Creator Store under MeshParts. You can also use a regular sphere but the MeshPart one has more advantages.

Thanks! But I would like to know the properties of the sphere and your graphics setting because yours appears way more distorted than mine

All glass use Institutional White with Glass material.

I used transparency 0.35 for the first 3 screenshots (the lower the more distorted).

For the 4th picture with the highlight trick I used 1.6 transparency.

I used graphics 10 (or 21 if you’re using studio render settings)

1 Like