Water rendering problems

Not sure if this is a visual bug, or just how I placed the water. The water seems to render weirdly when the camera is far out, but correct itself when I get closer. Is there anyway to fix this?

2 Likes

Hello,

The issue is that you go into terrain editor and delete the small amount and it should work.

Look at the pictures. It’s not a problem of water existing, because it doesn’t. Roblox just seems to render or create water that doesn’t exist

1 Like

Did not see that, I think it may be a bug or something, I have had that same issue, but it has not been solved, it also does it for terrain so its not just for water.

It might be a bug might not. Same thing happens to terrain it looks all weird and blocky when go rather away.

It’s not a bug, it’s the terrain level of detail. It tends to get really innacurate even from medium distances.

Improved terrain LOD is on the roadmap though so hopefully issues like these are minimized soon :slight_smile:

Have you looked at the level of water where it runs into the Parts?
I suspect the edge of the water is very close to that location so it renders weirdly.
Try extending the water back under the Parts a little farther since Terrain renders strangely from a distance, especially at edges.