Plugin: Waterfall Generator

After seeing what @AllYourBlox did using beams, I thought it might be cool to create a plugin for generating waterfalls.

The plugin is really quick and easy to use, and has a few configurable properties such as lower-width, upper-width and speed. I’m looking to get some feedback so install it and let me know what you think!

53 Likes

Time to go make beautiful showcases (though I can’t build :sweat_smile:).

It looks like there’s a seam in the texture. It’d also be nice if we could somehow do something about the hard edges between the waterfalls and terrain. They don’t blend well together:

By duplicating the beam three times and increasing both the CurveSize0 and Transparency with each duplication, I was able to get a softer edge:

9 Likes

Nutty

Thanks for the feedback, I’ve added a new property that allows you achieve softer edges near terrain. I’ll have a look at finding a seamless texture and get back to you on this one.

1 Like

Is the waterfall adjustable after placing the end attachment? IMO it would be easier to modify, as you actually would see the adjustments and you wouldn’t have to “put the waterfall back”.

Yes, once the waterfall is placed you can adjust it by moving the part endpoints. IMO it’s easier to adjust afterwards because you can freely move your camera and not mess up the waterfall placement with the slightest mouse movement.

2 Likes

Waterfall of blood. Edgy.

10 Likes

Awesome!

I’ve just updated the plugin to include some different styles!

14 Likes

Ready my barrel, I’m going over!

8 Likes

This is sweet! Maybe make it so you can use your own texture somehow, an “other” in the drop-menu.

1 Like

I’ve added this as a feature

3 Likes

This is awesome… I’ve built too many horrid waterfalls, now I can just use this!

I have tried reinstalling it :\

Wow this will be very useful and I love the different styles!

I know you said this ages ago, and you may have stopped development on this plugin (idk) but there is a bug where if you click ‘other’ and then don’t enter anything, you can no longer switch the type of waterfall.

that’s awesome!, i was used to do janky blue snow waterfall, thanks!

I am actually looking at changing a lot about how it works now that there are a number of new features available. As part of this, I would also like to fix a lot of issues and move the UI into Roact.

2 Likes

cool! Your plugin is very useful!