Way to correctly size weapons in relation to viewmodel?

I’m currently working on an FPS system, and one problem I can’t seem to avoid is that weapons are always sized haphazardly. This results in varying weapon sizes, like how a pistol in game is actually smaller than portrayed in real life or in relation to similar sized weapons. Should I be using real-life increments, like inches and such?

2 Likes

An example of the viewmodel I’m using, and two models

2 Likes

I mean I’m kind of grasping what your saying as I’ve made my own FPS system previously:

• You could have a client side render of a weapon and a server side render for everyone else. On the client side you can size the weapon to however it needs to be to fit the purpose, no one can really tell the difference as on the server side view of your character you just look like your holding the gun correctly.
  • I would personally to save myself the scripting and time just size it based on real life sizing in comparison to your Roblox rigs - Robloxians arent really a perfect render of a real human (they are not at all to be honest) and so you’d be best making one gun and resizing them to purpose - its a matter of perception as when you look onto a player they will have a completely different view of a situation to what you see based on angle and distance - therefore no one will 100% care if its slightly off or perfect.
1 Like

I guess you bring up some good points. Size is just perspective. I’ll keep that in mind.

1 Like