Way to hide verified badge

Right now, for developers that have a verified badge, it’s very hard to play games without people constantly approaching you and bugging you when you’re just trying to play the game. It would be nice if there was a way to temporarily disable the verified badge when you do not want to be noticed, while not removing it from your account entirely. This would likely be under the account info section.

For people who will say “Just change your display name”, the entire point of this is to not change your account at all besides just toggling the visible verified badge.

17 Likes

Just change your display name…

5 Likes

I don’t want to change my display name… that’s the entire point of this post. I even explicitly said this at the bottom of the post. I understand it seems useless but as more and more people become verified, more and more people won’t want to change their display name to just hide the badge.

1 Like

This isn’t even a permanent solution to the issue. You’ll still get re-verified at some point, assuming your account still meets the criteria for verification

2 Likes

I honestly would propose not showing the verified badge in game + in the chat at all. It’s unclear to me what point in serves.

4 Likes

It’s probably for celebrities or brands on-platform

I think it’s better if the badge is only shown in the action panel, rather than the leaderboard itself:

(next-level drawing skills)

The whole goal of the badge is to make it easy to distinguish authentic figures from impersonators. Treating it like a badge of honor shouldn’t be the purpose.

9 Likes

Yeah I think this is a great approach. Makes it feel less of a status symbol/ attention grabber but still present to verify authenticity.

1 Like

Support, I made a feature request for the same thing about 6 months ago. I don’t see the point either, it just gets me harassed. We already have a developer badge in the player list when we join our own games. If I’m just playing a random game I’m not affiliated with, my “authenticity” is irrelevant and the checkmark serves no purpose. In my opinion, the checkmark should only be visible on the website. A way to hide would be extremely useful.

1 Like

Support for this. this badge would be useful in simulator games, but however in PvP games, this is annoying.

Roblox should add a switch on the website:

which gives us the option to disable it.

When it is disabled, Player.HasVerifiedBadge should return false and the badge should no longer appear on the leaderboard.

3 Likes

Agree. I met Ethanthegrand in the game when the and a bunch of people surrounded him. I even asked him what he was verified for. Later seeing him on the forums I knew he may be verified for being a dev. I don’t think this checkmark needs to be on leaderboard and chat:
IMG_0230
Also, why doesn’t Roblox know what the verified checkmark brings to noobs who likes peoples games/videos/tweets. That’s right. A huge crowd around them. Many verified users should use alts to play games and hide their verified identity

2 Likes

i like this implementation, but HasVerifiedBadge should still return true. maybe another thing like VerifiedBadgeHidden would work