Ways to get very high resolution images?

I have an 8192 x 8192 images, but Roblox does not support it that high. If I resize it down to 8000 x 8000, Roblox will just downscale it to 1024 x 1024 but since it is such a big object, it makes the object look very bad.

I have tried going into the Roblox game files and editing the Diffuse map but it just used the default one… I’ve tried using the local file importer but it looks even worse.

Local file importer is the second one. I imported the 8000 x 8000 res one on the local file importer and a scaled down 3000 x 3000 on the normal one.

Any ideas? I REALLY need this to work as it will let me take way better pictures and I could possibly be the first (with your guys help) to get 8k textures in roblox :person_shrugging:

5 Likes

I had 43200 x 21600 resolution image, i had to divide it into ~700 different images and import each one seperately to have a higher resolution. When importing it as one image, it would look horrible and blurry.

This is how it looks before:

This is how it looks after:

These images are about 1/200th of the entire image

3 Likes

And for reference to how high the quality is now, this image is the entire ‘map/image’.

The red is the area shown in the pictures above

EDIT: so I guess the solution is perfectly dividing the image into multiple images

Yup, I’ve thought of that but since it isn’t my model and I don’t know how to blender I can’t do it :sob: how long did it take you?

We don’t talk about how long it took. it was 750+ images, each one making me have to manually upload it and add it.

You could’ve wrote a python script to do all that for you :sob:

You can’t upload high res image to roblox that lowkey impossible. However there are a few workaround and cut the images into pieces and upload each one at the highest possible res or in your case you can make the texture smaller so that it looks less obvious that it is a low res image (since it’s a rock texture).

I don’t know python… 30 carsrrasrsrs

i am so sorry for you dude. roblox really needs to improve this