Ways to make anticheat better

Right now ive scripted a anti-noclip and anti-speed script but im sure that theres a way you can bypass it. I want someone to try to bypass this system. Also if theres a way my script can be better please tell me.

script:

local times = 0
game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
	player.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(char)
		wait(1)
		local HumanoidRootPart = char:WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart")
		while true do
			local oldpos = HumanoidRootPart.CFrame.Position
			wait(0.1)
			local ignor = {}
			for i,v in pairs(char:GetDescendants()) do
				table.insert(ignor, v)
			end
			local ray = Ray.new(oldpos, (HumanoidRootPart.Position - oldpos).Unit *(HumanoidRootPart.Position - oldpos).Magnitude)
			local hit, position = workspace:FindPartOnRayWithIgnoreList(ray, ignor)
			if hit then
				if times <= 10 then
					HumanoidRootPart.Position = oldpos
					times = times + 1
				else
					player:Kick("SERVER for passing through " .. hit.Name)
					char:Destroy()
					times = 0
				end
			end
			if char.BypassSpeed.Value == false and (HumanoidRootPart.Position - oldpos).Magnitude > 6 then
				HumanoidRootPart.Position = oldpos
			end
		end
	end)
end)

ANTIHACK.rbxl (25.0 KB)

2 Likes

I tried it out.
Because it sets HumanoidRootPart.Position instead of CFrame, the HumanoidRootPart gets disconnected from the Torso server-side, which makes for a funny sight on the server view, where the visible player model moves at mach 1 whenever the actual player (HumanoidRootPart) turns.

Reading the script-
theoretically, you could teleport yourself whereever you like during that 1 second before the script even begins looking for the HumanoidRootPart. Or destroy the HumanoidRootPart somehow, which creates a small memory leak and ensures that the script won’t affect that character again until it dies and is respawned.

I also had it tell me it kicked me for passing through HumanoidRootPart on a test, though I don’t know how that would be.

It also doesn’t forgive, so the kick for noclipping will be inevitable if you play long enough.
For that matter, the times variable is global to all players, so if an exploiter trips it 9 times and someone else has a false positive, the innocent player is the one who gets kicked.

The anti-speed will likely make falling players stutter.

I didn’t test if BypassSpeed can be destroyed by the client and have it replicate to the server.

3 Likes

The wait(1) after the CharacterAdded function isn’t needed.

Also the best way to test an anti-cheat, is put it into a pre-existing game and play around and try to detect false positives and correct them.

1 Like

There are big problems with your code!

#1. You don’t manage already loaded players and characters

There is a chance where players and characters have already loaded before your code runs, so PlayerAdded or CharacterAdded won’t fire.

Something like this:

local Players = game:GetService("Players")

local function onPlayerAdded(player)
  local function onCharacterAdded(character)
    if not character:IsDescendantOf(workspace) then
       character.AncestryChanged:Wait()
    end

-- your raycast stuff...
  end

if not player.Character then
    coroutine.wrap(onCharacterAdded)(player.Character)
  end

player.CharacterAdded:Connect(onCharacterAdded)
end

for _, player in ipairs(Players:GetPlayers()) do
  coroutine.wrap(onPlayerAdded)(player)
end

Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(onPlayerAdded)

#2. Every time your character respawns, the while loops will stack, and the previous one won’t stop.

CharacterAdded is fired whenever your character respawns, so if your character dies, the while loop doesn’t stop and another while loop is added. This can significantly lag your game.

So instead of while true do, just check if the character is alive in the condition statement:

Get the character’s Humanoid so you can check its health
while humanoid.Health > 0 do

#3. Use the new raycasting API

Roblox just released a new Raycasting API, that you should use. FindPartOnRay methods are deprecated and should not be used in new work.

1 Like