We’re updating Heads!

Cameras can be wrong sometimes
Probably not, if they had an Kinect for PC, I would buy it.
But if they sell our data to “za dark web” then i’m gonna be sad. This isn’t what Roblox used to be.

5 Likes

LET’S NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACT THE FACES HAVE TONGUES.
Who in their right mind would use that feature of the new heads? Other than… what was previously mentioned.

15 Likes

This just another piece of lie, you said the same thing for item holding but never responded, stop gaslighting us.

31 Likes

It will work the same way as Voice Chat works, there will be Humans as well as AIs watching your every move and of course some movements WILL be limited to avoid stuff like sus moments from happening, hopefully

6 Likes

I’m terrified of the mere idea of joining a Roblox game just to see people ERPing with face movement. Horrible update.

11 Likes

New StarterPlayer Property - EnableDynamicHeads - Updates / Announcements - Developer Forum | Roblox

“While this feature will work without any updates to your experience, it has a non-negligible additional memory footprint. An experience that was already very memory intensive may see reduced performance or stability on lower-end devices, so you may want to opt-out in that case.”

6 Likes

Er, how so? The only way I can picture this is Roblox Moderators posing in the camera every single inappropriate expression they could think of.

5 Likes

Isn’t this what roblox wants? Immersive reality? It’s literally VRChat but more limiting. We’re already seeing heavily sexualizing avatars with big chests and thighs.

15 Likes

This is honestly so true. Roblox does not care about anyone’s opinion.

12 Likes

Accurate, they just force something on us instead of REALLY caring for the community.

10 Likes

swap to classic head in the inventory

8 Likes

They are 100% not going to reply to any negative feedback, they turn a blind eye, i’m actually growing very sick of this platform and what it is becoming and i don’t think i’m the only one.

16 Likes

I think the DevForum is starting to break with how many responses people are sending here within such a short amount of time.

Honestly, I think why people are so angry about this isn’t mainly because of Roblox updating dynamic heads itself, but placing the cheaper classic faces off sale to encourage users to use dynamic heads. Dynamic heads are still an optional thing.

13 Likes

I want to know how much Roblox estimated they’d lose by letting classic faces and dynamic heads coexist

11 Likes

I just don’t see the point of this, im not going to set up a webcam, let roblox record my face just for an animated face that most people wont look at.

10 Likes

There are multiple examples of Roblox updates that have been hated initially but have since been ignored or accepted by the community.

• The entire “oof” sound effect being removed was a HUGE drama among the community, but I’ve never heard anyone mention it nowadays.
  • Rthro was seen as the “end of Roblox” several years ago, yet the sale of Rthro-technology items, such as layered clothing, is becoming more widespread
  • People didn’t like display names when they came out, but today there’s been little concern or anger among the community about them

Of course, some changes, like the audio privacy and cheap UGC items, continue to be discussed, but for an update like this, it’ll be accepted more or less within a few months.

3 Likes

Don’t think anything much would change? Roblox is trying to hide their past with more “modern” technology, I guess.

4 Likes

It’s not even negative, the replies in the item holding thread were made by actual veteran developers or serious traders but roblox refused to respond, unless they’re shareholders.

7 Likes

the problem here is roblox doesnt need the consent of the community, and even if they did I highly doubt they would take that in to consideration. It’s like if i saw someone doing something stupid that could lead to something bad happening. I’d just let them deal with the consequences. Will they learn? probably not. Do I care? Not really, they played stupid games and won stupid prizes.

4 Likes

Anyone figure out how many head options there are now for new users without much roblox?

1 Like