With the catalog release of Facial Animation (previously known as Dynamic Heads) right around the corner, we have introduced a new Character property called
EnableDynamicHeads. This is a 3-phase property where the Default is currently set to Enabled on all experiences. This will allow players that have equipped heads with facial animation to bring them into your experiences.
- Within Explorer, select
- Navigate to the
Charactersection in the Properties window
- Look for
EnableDynamicHeads. When you click on it, 3 options will appear:
- Default (Currently set to Enabled)
- Disabled (Select this option if you wish to opt-out of this feature)
While this feature will work without any updates to your experience, it has a non-negligible additional memory footprint. An experience that was already very memory intensive may see reduced performance or stability on lower-end devices, so you may want to opt-out in that case.
Only R15 experiences will be able to play facial animations.
As always, please let us know if you run into any issues and share your feedback on how we can continue to improve this feature.
- Creating a new Head with Facial Animation
- Integrating Heads with Facial Animation into your experience
- Creating Face Animations in Studio using the Face Animation Editor and the Animation Capture - Face beta feature (formerly the Face Recorder)
- Creating Face Accessories