We’re updating Heads!

They’re trying to stop the backlash, they want this update and to lie abt people liking it.

3 Likes

Typical “announcement” from an intern, with conclusion being “we’d love to hear your feedback” but not a single thing after 600 total replies.

8 Likes

Not entirely related, but god I hope the Stevie Standard face gets reverted to what it was before. The previous one was perfection with a proper neutral face, but then whatever this toothless mouth mess is was made and replaced it instead of being a separate head. My game is going to rely a lot on the older head for cutscenes and NPCs.

The way the post is worded sounds like it’ll rely on the camera itself being enabled, rather than the feature being toggleable by the user. If that’s the case, then what the hell? I don’t have a camera, but I really hope it’s just weird wording and not actually relying on the camera itself being enabled. I like dynamic heads themselves, just not the weird looks and now this. Daryl Hall & John Oates would be proud, because Roblox seems to be out of touch.

6 Likes

The Stevie Standard head got bad as is it was before. (kind of)

2 Likes

Incorrect, half of the replies they are deleting are off topic or spam (which there was a lot of)

4 Likes

They are doing away with them. They’re legally not allowed to straight-out delete them because we paid for them. Classic Faces are currently going offsale, here are a few that are a victim to this as of right now:

• Check It
  • Chill
  • Winning Smile
  • Man Face
  • YAAAWWN.
  • Whistle
  • Smile
  • XD
  • :]
  • Pumpkin Face
  • Squiggle Mouth
8 Likes

I understand your concerns about the update, but it’s essential to consider the broader perspective and the reasons behind it. The goal of this update is to evolve the Roblox experience and allow users to express themselves more authentically, just like in real life. However, I’d like to address some points from your reply and provide some factual information:

1. Privacy Concerns: It’s important to note that the facial animation feature is entirely optional for users who are over the age of 13 and have their camera enabled. If you’re uncomfortable with this, you can choose not to use it. Roblox is committed to user privacy and safety, and they wouldn’t implement features that compromise that.

2. Classic Faces: The update aims to bring expression and animation to all avatar heads, including the classic ones. While the intention is to evolve the platform and improve the user experience, it doesn’t necessarily mean classic faces will be taken off sale. The goal is to provide more options for users to express themselves, not to limit their choices.

3. Rthro Comparison: It’s understandable that you might be cautious due to past experiences, but it’s important to remember that each update is unique. Roblox continuously learns from feedback and works to improve the platform. The facial animation update might be different from previous ones and could have benefits that weren’t present in previous changes.

4. Embracing Change: As Roblox evolves, some updates might feel challenging at first, but they’re intended to enhance the platform for the majority of users. Embracing change is essential for growth, and it allows Roblox to adapt to the needs and desires of the community.

It’s okay to have reservations about updates, and your feedback is valuable. However, I encourage you to give this update a chance and explore how it enhances your avatar’s expressions and interactions within the Roblox community. Remember that Roblox’s intention is to create a platform that allows users to express themselves more freely and connect with others in deeper and more meaningful ways. Downplaying the feature just because it’s Roblox is only a view of the current state. If Roblox is around for another 50 years. It has to evolve in order to maintain relevancy.

5 Likes

They are being taken offsale, though.

They only listen to feedback as long as it doesn’t remind them of anything they used to do. I think this is a bad take. The holds on trading were an especially egregious change that nobody wanted yet they still went and implemented it.

You can learn to embrace change, but you also need to learn when destroying an old feature isn’t necessary at all to introduce your “new and improved” feature.

Did you write this entire reply with ChatGPT?

17 Likes

Kind of, it looks like it is made from ChatGPT.

6 Likes

I wish to ask a simple question: Why does Roblox believe these kinds of updates are best to be forced?

The update itself is not an issue; dynamic heads can be rather lovely for people wishing to have more self-expression. The issue arises when the user base HAS to adhere to it.

This is not the first time we have experienced this sort of deal. I remember when the Materials Update was first being considered for full release by the development community, it ultimately decided that the old materials will not be supported anymore. This was an unprecedented change that had ignited the platform and was not the right way to go - which thankfully was overturned and changed into the system we have today.

Roblox, it would be best to first check in with the community with these sorts of updates before pressing forward and forcing this change. Quite a few people are hesitant to follow this change because it sacrifices the familiar and comfortable old look that some seek.

The best thing to do is to find a balance between the new and the old. We’d love dynamic faces, but we’d also love to not have to be forced into it.

7 Likes

Whether the reply came from Chat GPT or not doesn’t change the validity of my original comment or the concerns that were expressed. Do you think this too is ChatGPT? LOL

2 Likes

Yes. I think you used ChatGPT. I am pretty not sure

1 Like

Classic faces HAVE BEEN TAKEN OFFSALE. ROBLOX is now LIMITING OUR OPTIONS FOR EXPRESSION AND CREATIVITY. This is NOT IMPROVING THE USER EXPERIENCE, this is TRAPPING US IN A MAKESHIFT CORRIDOR TOWARDS OPTIONS WE DO NOT WANT.

I genuinely cannot comprehend how you can look at evidence directly in front of you and choose to completely ignore it.

They’re certainly not learning here, considering NO OFFICIAL STATEMENT has been given regarding this after the obvious backlash. There’s also no benefit to this considering we’re losing options in avatar customization in favor of non-compatible faces that are overly expensive.

Forcing users to adhere and conform to something they do not appreciate and cannot use properly is not evolution nor is it necessary for relevancy considering ROBLOX has been available since 2006.

This company won’t give you a gold medal for being their advocate, trust in that.

7 Likes

I never said it did. I just said your concerns about the heads update looks like they were generated with ChatGPT. I suppose nothing’s wrong with that. ;–)

2 Likes

That’s not true, classic faces are taken offsale. (the free ones and some robux faces)

4 Likes

i mean they kinda are for new users anyway. they offsaled all the faces

3 Likes

I still have 60% of the free faces in my inventory. I joined before they took the faces offsale.

5 Likes

this is so sad bro. who is in charge of all these bad decisions

3 Likes

good for you but new users wont be able to get them

3 Likes

the roblox mods or a random person (it could be builderman, too)

3 Likes