We’re updating Heads!

I heavily dislike this update. Yes, some features are pretty nice, I do think that the facial poses and customizable eyebrow accessories are interesting, but what I don’t like is how this update is being forced upon the users. Classic faces that have been bought and used for over a decade at this point are being taken off-sale and replaced by these dynamic head recreations, which completely strips away an entire layer of customization forcing players to use only a specific head for a specific face. That, and the fact that these dynamic heads get forcibly equipped on random avatars. Twice in the last month has the “Stevie Standard” dynamic head appeared on my avatar, and I literally could not get rid of it until I equipped the classic “Smile” face (which is also off-sale now)

5 Likes

They removed the old faces off the catalog from being on sale. This is forcing. Can you please explain how this isn’t trying to be forced upon the community. Look at the likes alone. the reply for how much this update is bad vs how many likes the original post has. the MAJORITY of the community thinks its a terrible terrible idea. Many people are switching to other game platforms and engines because of this change and how little the feedback from the community seems to even matter. You want to stay on a platform that is trying to self-destruct by all means. Meanwhile, Most developers are learning other languages to program in, and other platforms before this ship finally crashes and everyone ends up with nothing but memories.

5 Likes

Privacy wise, it seems like roblox’s face recognition is done on your system (or at least studio’s does), so i assume this will only be processed on your system and never go outwards. Keep in mind this is what i assume is how it works, not me confirming it.

1 Like

Hey your roblox avatar is using the man-face you guys took offsale, (: wouldn’t it be more fit for you to also be using this dynamic stuff you are PUSHING onto everyone else? kind of odd it seems like the poster isn’t even really behind the stuff he is pushing. This engine could have been a good gaming engine if more progress was made in a direction towards that. Eventually could have reached the level that unreal has or more. Sadly, I’m going to learn other programming languages I’ve been on the platform for a really really long time. I’ve seen all kinds of changes and the direction you all have been pushing for the last two years have been in a really off putting direction. I’d hate to try and be a developer for a game engine that is trying to self destruct. I could make a million games; anyone could, but with nobody on the platform, I make nothing, you guys make nothing. eventually the servers have to be let go due to costs… it just really feels like its going to go down hill really really fast.

6 Likes

This is the most sad company ever.

2 Likes

I am not complaining to complain. My main issue is that they are privating the superior “classic” faces in favor of the dynamic heads.

3 Likes

That’s the main issue here, @Roblox.

4 Likes

I have the same problem with with everyone else about this, I love the winning smile(dispite everybody else hating it) I managed to make it look pretty good but this dinamic head just doesn’t work

Winning smile

Million Dollar Smile

the eyes are too low and too small, it just doesn’t have the same charm to it.
There is just no way these new heads can replace the classic faces it just can’t happen, also what’s wrong with leaving all the classic faces up? what reason is there to take them off sale?

5 Likes

While inherently okay, I particularly have issue with this update restricting certain faces to certain heads. What I really don’t understand is the seemingly random assignment of 3.0 and 1.0 heads to faces.

I can understand a few of these faces having 3.0 dynamic heads, such as “Makeup Minimalist” and “Chiseled Good Looks”, but other than that, the faces that have been given 3.0 heads make no sense.

Why is “Cute and Casual” 3.0, but “Ready for Adventure” is 1.0? They’re from the same ‘Avatar Pack’ so to speak, it honestly makes no sense to me.

Many users have already pointed out in this post that the faces that are typically associated with 1.0 heads don’t match with the accessories that they usually wore with these faces.

I hope that this update is at least reconsidered a touch to allow more margins for compatibility and customisation. There is no way that you can brand this as “new” or “an upgrade” when in reality it’s a huge loss for customisation if fully rolled out.

I’m absolutely certain Roblox had backlash when they unlisted all the classic heads, what amazes me is that they are willing to do it again with the classic faces and expect praise and acclaim.

12 Likes

Roblox please listen

The community is begging you guys to bring back the faces you took off sale. Roblox needs to have variety, taking faces and putting them off sale is NOT a good idea. Please listen to us just this once we want are beloved faces back we don’t want to have the same scenario like you did with heads back in the day.

14 Likes

My issue is that I won’t be able to use the cam as there is currently no method to verify my age that works for me in my country. I’ve complained about this to Roblox and they promised to fix it. That was last year. I’m left with the feeling that Roblox don’t really care. Powering frustration.

7 Likes

honestly, in my opinion and at this current moment this is a genuinely terrible update. all of the faces are poorly recreated and are horribly offset, not working with any accessories. i also think its really a bad idea to take the original faces off sale. this also can be really bad for mobile devices, making games 10x more laggier, especially when roblox is mostly played by those using mobile. i do not see how this update benefits roblox AND its investors.

6 Likes

can’t wait to see all the developers leave because of this bad update

3 Likes

This is pretty cool but I do not feel comfortable having this for myself, much less for underage children. If I was a parent, I would not feel comfortable with this feature and I hope that Roblox avoids this decision

3 Likes

THINK ROBLOX, THINK!

If there was a data breach not too long ago, do you think it’s a good idea to start introducing content that will tap into our cameras?! Who knows how feeble the security system will be then. Also, the old faces are iconic, simple, and effective at showing how we express ourselves. ALSO ALSO, has the thought ever crossed your mind that people under 13 can make age 13+ accounts? ROBLOX OPEN YOUR EYES, YOU’RE TAKING A STEP IN THE WRONG DIRECTION

8 Likes

I’m personally excited to see Roblox moving forward. It’s time we catch up to other engines.

4 Likes

in my opinion roblox the community will soon get used to use the facial faces and I hope to be launched soon to test the facial faces in the experiences and express myself freely good job roblox :+1:

3 Likes

I don’t think people like dynamic heads

5 Likes

Why is this being forced? Why are the old faces being taken off sale? Who the hell thought this was a good idea?

What’s so bad about PLAYER CHOICE???

4 Likes

They’re literally reading this thread, deleting any reply they don’t like or deemed “offensive”, but refuse to answer, why?

4 Likes