We’re updating Heads!

you accept it ? me yes but idk if is it well delete the faces too

1 Like

I do not trust a corporation that sued a YouTuber for swearing on VC to keep my biometric data safe. I hope they rethink this.

4 Likes

yep. i did it. i clicked i agree

2 Likes

they send this new on messages i think for all players

1 Like

i got that too, if you want, dm me

2 Likes

Who at ROBLOX thought it was a good idea to make all free classic faces off-sale in favor of dynamic heads?

I’m all for innovation and pushing the envelope, but you guys are handling this terribly.

6 Likes

There is no way you just used ChatGPT to defend a crappy update and sent it to me

13 Likes

they can just keep it so much peoples like the classic faces

1 Like

he has chatgpt, i think. he has it

1 Like

do you guys have a clinical inability to listen to the people who keep your business afloat

8 Likes

Luckily they should retain their ASSETIDs, and remain usable in-game then!

1 Like

While I’m not necessarily against the dynamic heads feature in theory, I’m baffled that classic faces are currently being taken off-sale.

This feature is being pushed as a means of allowing users to better express themselves. If creative expression is the goal, why take away a feature that users love and replace it with something that further limits what accessories they can wear? As outlined by other users in this thread, like Spectaqual and TaylorRobinson, these new dynamic heads don’t seem to work properly with pre-existing face accessories. Here’s another example showing the Stevie Standard head with a pair of glasses and a beard (thank you Shipool for this example).

Moreover, the designs also have strange variations that make the current replacements feel like cheap imitations of the previous faces. For example, here are the original Chill and the new Peaceful Vibes faces side by side.

As can be seen, the two faces look fairly different. The more compact design and thicker mouth seen on the Peaceful Vibes face gives it a considerably different appearance from the original. So much so that there are plenty of users who would prefer to just stick to the original. This issue gets further exacerbated by cases like Freckles vs Sun Kissed Freckles, where the latter forces on a completely different head shape. Example below:

If the goal is to allow users to express themselves as much as possible, why go out of your way to actively make it harder for users to use faces they’d otherwise love to have? These differences serve to not only alienate old users, but they also drive away potential new buyers because now a face they like is forever tied to a head shape they may not be interested in.

While dynamic heads currently lock you into whatever head shape they’re tied to, classic faces can be applied to any head shape you have! More specifically, they can be applied to heads that don’t have some sort of texture baked into them. See the image below for just a handful of examples.

While this isn’t every classic head in the catalog, this is enough to show just how powerful our current tools are. Not only that, but it also shows how needlessly restrictive dynamic heads are in comparison.

With all of this in mind, I can’t help but see dynamic heads as a completely different product from classic faces. While dynamic heads can track your facial movements to offer a unique form of expression, they lack the modularity or even the appeal of classic faces and heads. So that leaves me with one question: why not just have both? Bring back all the classic faces that were taken off sale, I think abzences has just about all of them, while also bringing out animated alternatives. That way, people can choose whether they like the classic 2D look or the more modern animated look and express themselves how they see fit.

49 Likes

This post right exactly sums up majority of the forum’s opinion. Not only that it actually points out the issue too accessories that were designed to fit classic faces. They should’ve notified everyone about this mass change in the catalog instead of doing it after the fact that people found out. As you mentioned before it takes away expression to those who want classic faces.

4 Likes

8 Likes

It’s okay if they want to make dynamic heads of some faces on the catalog. It’s not okay that the classic faces that will be remade into dynamic heads are taken offsale. We should be able to choose whether or not we want a dynamic head or just the classic face. Simple as that.

2 Likes

@pettyreup (or LeafyNebula) the faces are offsale. u said “it doesen’t necessarily mean classic faces will be taken offsale”.

Yes it does. If you were actually bothered, you would have written a response yourself and had a valid conversation.

4 Likes

I have no idea why you would put this in game ever. First of all you put in a feature of which the only use is creeping out new users who try out this platform. Second, you set this face onto all new accounts without any clear explanation. Third, you outright start collecting massive data from your users’ cameras from this? The GDPR boys will be onto you. I don’t approve this change. I’m out.

EDIT: Not to mention all the classic faces are becoming unavailable to all users. Just keep the classic part of the platform ON the platform, instead of phasing it out.

3 Likes

I agree 100% with pixlz on this.

welcome to yeonjun rant zone
Just make Meta-Roblox a different app, and keep the classic one. Mostly update the classic one. This isn’t fair.

Setting this topic to no-more-watch because you guys are blowing up my notifactions

2 Likes