We’re updating Heads!

I don’t think nobody likes them, but a lot of people prefer the classic faces because they’re so iconic. The issue is that they’re being forced on new players and possibly everyone if Roblox decides to completely remove classic faces from the entire website.

Today I got an e-mail from Roblox telling that as per today my premium subscription has ended. No explanation why. This sort of behaviour on Roblox’s part really doesn’t help to build up any confidence.

3 Likes

FOR THE PEOPLE THAT DIDNT WANT TO LISTEN WHEN I SAID THEY ARE GOING TO BE REMOVING MORE THAN JUST FACES:

Expect to see R6 gotten rid of entirely

Then also expect them to can a lot of current marketplace items to get people to PAY MORE ROBUX FOR THE SAME UPDATED ITEMS.

New roblox is a joke, moderation is a joke, the whole platform is a joke. my friends already got off the platform because of this crap. Im going to join them CONGRATULATIONS ROBLOX: you literally just lost 11 people over one UNWANTED update. and thats just in my small group. youll realize soon how far you have lost touch. enjoy filing for bankruptcy.

16 Likes

May I also mention how ROBLOX claims I’ll be receiving free dynamic versions of faces I own, yet I (at the very least) haven’t gotten the Cat Eye - Zara Larsson dynamic head for free.

If you’re going to make promises on your updates, can you guys at the very least have a better estimate of when these things are going to happen? You guys seem to love just slapping things together from the look of it.

8 Likes

Well, obviously my money is not good here. Their loss.

I thought the same thing as I did not receive my heads. My advice would be to not buy anything in dynamic heads yet. I would also expect that they will sort out the pricing of the new heads to match the old classic faces.

They did say once they have finished updating the heads, they will give the new upgraded heads out. So they may take some time.

1 Like

what’s the point of this and why is no one reading any of these replies? roblox is becoming too corporate, they need to listen to their community, even if it’s been already said a million times! whatever roblox, enjoy attracting your non-community listening EA-ahh investors, and get ready to lose your loyal fans.

3 Likes

Bro, literally could not have been said better. I feel like instead of removing rthro like some people suggest, or removing classic faces like roblox wants, they should just LET BOTH THINGS into the platform, and everyone would be happy. And I feel like someone should read these replies, these are by far the angriest replies to any post in all of devforum by far, at least that I know of, and it’s like roblox is taking us to the edge. Like, if I read this stuff everyone’s saying about my platform update, I’d reconsider everything. But I guess roblox is more money than community now sadly.

5 Likes

How is the attached image related to them removing more than just faces? They never stated that.

1 Like

Well damn, you got me there.

If anything, I’d complain about putting out finished updates in the first place, but at this point in the company’s lifespan I’d be asking for flying pigs.

1 Like

little melodramatic but yeah… i definitely agree with you

1 Like

(sorry, i’m not allowed to say if i got in trouble or not)

OH MY GOD THATS GONNA BR TERRIFYING THEY DO A DYNAMIC FACE WITH THAT, LETS HOPE THEY DONT MAKE A DYNAMIC FACE WOULD THAT, IT WOULD BE CREEPY… If i saw someone wearing that face though i would become sad. What is roblox doing to their future?

Didn’t they already do that by rebranding the Bloxy Awards and whatnot, just that this particular update received a ton more backlash?

I believe this is a gimmick, it will lower performance, users on mobile will have their battery drained quicker. And I am imagining for pc how weird it would be, like where would I select a camera to capture my face animations? And also I believe this can not apply to all users because most PC users do not have webcams/cameras.

I’m not fully against these, I actually do think they are cute and fun; I think the new shape, animations are all very good.

But the one problem there is and that you guys have made Original free faces, now cost robux; that sucks, a lot. Another thing; the Chill Face (for example), so iconic and such a good face originally; now, it doesn’t look great at all to most… the mouth is too big, and the eyes look much weirder. I don’t think It’s too hard keeping the original face on these Dynamic Heads.

1 Like

Roblox isn’t going anywhere for years. As long as kids are still playing, this company will not be filing bankruptcy. They haven’t fully destroyed their platform yet, but if they ever do, It’ll still take an incredibly long time for them to file bankruptcy.

I am just wondering what will be happening to the faces (such as the :stuck_out_tongue: face since it is going to be hard to animate that face) I also spent ROBUX on that face! Did I waste my robux over a stupid update that nobody likes?

1 Like

I don’t think Roblox will remove r6 anytime soon, they might eventually update it drastically at worst, but they won’t remove it.

Why? First of all Roblox said they won’t get rid of R6, you might say “yeah but Roblox won’t respect their promises” and you won’t be wrong.

But it’s especially the fact that removing R6 entirely would break a lot of games and they would lose a lot of players, even their investors might see the way Roblox does stuff, and stop investing in Roblox.

Also, the fact that Roblox added facial animation had nothing to do with this, I tested it and it literally worked on R6 with a classic face, so I don’t get your point here.

Your “Reason” does not justify of taking these classic faces offsale, these faces have been up on the “Marketplace” forever now. What’s the point? Probably by far the most popular classic face you taken offsale was the Squiggle Mouth. Which is still worn by a lot of people, Most of the time I never see anybody in games wear the dynamic face equivalent of this face. If people want to wear the classic face instead of these dynamic face equivalents then let people have a way to obtain them. There is literally no reason to do this.

If you actually care about your community then you would have made a way to obtain these faces by now and respect what people want.

8 Likes

That new face is the face someone makes when they’re on the toilet.

They didn’t replace the faces; they just made a Chinese knockoff of them.

13 Likes