We’re updating Heads!

Understandable, that’s why im buying all the faces I want rn

1 Like

exactly… the worst are going to be the limited faces… how is this going to work?

i blurred the ones that looked normal but some of these faces just don’t look animatable.

what about the one eye ones? how do those blink/wink and the manic bot… how will it smile?

even more impoartant how will these be returned/bought?
will the just delete them and give anyone who owns it a copy back?
what if you own more than one? will you get them all back?

7 Likes

Possibly like how Roblox cooked up the “Check It” dynamic face, but even wackier (if that was even possible).

This should be interesting to see.

i missed it what did they do to check it?

Take a gander.

1 Like
  1. where are the eyebrows.
  2. why does it look like Alien
  3. …i dont got a threeeeeeeeeeeee

EDIT: nvm i just saw that the eyebrows are now an accessory

4 Likes

That’s the best comment I’ve read on the DevForum.

I can imagine players flexing 2d faces in the future LOL.

5 Likes

I have been saying this so many times. I’m really trying to make an immersive world but its nearly impossible or really janky without us being able to make CUSTOM FOLIAGE or CUSTOM MATERIALS. I feel like I’m talking to a wall half of the time I mention this feature request.

7 Likes

Again, like what has been said multiple times, I will reiterate that before Roblox even considers continuing with their upgrade of heads, features discussed to help animated heads function with Roblox UGC’s meta, including multiple heads, accessory position editing, and other rumored features that, again, Roblox itself has not confirmed to its developers. Continuing to release what is clearly an unfinished feature will cause dissatisfaction with Roblox’s userbase.

6 Likes

This is misinformation. This post does not mention in the slightest that this will be a required feature. In fact, the post explicitly mentions this will be treated similarly to voice chat and the new lip-syncing feature. I understand that the deprecation of classic faces and its replacement with a currently inferior product is upsetting, but it’ll help nobody to just say things that aren’t true.

4 Likes

Actually, this is already part of the R6 removal according to last year’s internal docs leak. Next phase will be the real thing where R6 actually gets removed

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not the only one like this. I really wish Roblox allowed us to create custom Material Variants for Terrain. I’m tired of having to play with janky material management to achieve the environment I want. Roblox’s recent behavior makes the “Powering Imagination” part of Roblox’s slogan feel more like they want us to use our imaginations to not create what we want, but instead to figure out how to get around unfinished parts of their features. I wish Roblox starts listening to the community more. But it feels like regardless of how loud we yell or how many people yell, Roblox will continue to refuse to hear us.

5 Likes

Yeah but I’ve heard it was fake or something, I might be wrong or confusing with another thing.

I doubt that will happen, a lot of popular games still use R6 and have to rely on it. That would not only hurt the developers, but Roblox as well, as they profit from what their users create.

1 Like

Not to mention, this is just a rumor and not confirmed, this might have just been a fake leak.

Bro, when I say this I think I’m talking for everyone but… we all want that

1 Like

i don’t understand why roblox keeps pumping out god awful updates that no one wants, the faces look horrifying and unnatural. this does nothing but cause people to be angry

4 Likes

Why does roblox have to do this to us? Just listen to us, like you used to do…

5 Likes

Out of all 301,000+ words in the english dictionary, none of them can adequately describe how incredibly stupid this decision is.
For one, the dynamic heads do not match the classic faces at all in terms of feature placement and detail. Most facial accessories will no longer work.
This update is also only beneficial to people who use R15, which is still very much imperfect and some body types (like the 1.0 default and girl packages) look very ugly when using it. The update will make using a classic avatar very difficult, and users and developers will be forced to choose between clean, nice looking parts/animations or animated faces.

6 Likes

And I honestly hate the transition to more pointlessly detailed and elaborate models across ROBLOX.
Using textures for faces was FINE! Using separate parts for each limb was FINE! Hats and hair with chunky, low-poly models and texture work compensating for most of the detail was FINE! Materials being shiny and smooth was FINE! Using textures for shirts and pants and t-shirts was FINE! Voxel lighting (ESPECIALLY before Future is Bright in 2016) was FINE! ROBLOX having a relatively simple, plasticky style was ABSOLUTELY FINE!
The aesthetic and character of ROBLOX is slowly being ruined by “modernisation” and is pushing me and other people further and further away from the platform. And there is no chance of them reverting any of these god-awful changes to the graphics engine, website, and the way they generally encourage developers/artists to play along with the changes and “modernise” with the rest of the platform.
It’s just sad, really. Stop trying to please the modern gaming market and just listen to the community for once.

8 Likes