We’re updating Heads!

This was required by law.

This was optional from the very beginning and still is.

Bad opinions.

Also required by law.

Once again, the issue is whether or not it’s forced and for what reason. In this case, there is no good reason and there can’t be.

6 Likes

Very good point. That’s gonna increase more now that Roblox is coming to the Meta Quest platform.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to hear the 10 different news stories about childrens witnessing roblox ERP.

11 Likes

It’s not anything you can imagine anymore. They’re forcing stuff on players that they dont want.
Even though, Classic Shirts and stuff wont be removed, which is a guess, but it might be if they go back to “OH MY GOD METAVERSE!!!”

10 Likes

That’s already existed, just look in BBC News, but you can’t talk about it since it’ll get taken down (in devforum), I talked about a roblox dev being arrested by the fbi for predatory actions (doctorrotfatnik) and it was censored.

8 Likes

Alright thanks. Hope the performance improves as it’s pretty neat tech overall

2 Likes

And I’ll gladly laugh at them too, and then proceed to publicly humiliate them for being that stupid

3 Likes

This was not required by law. Copyright needed to change, but outright locking every sound on the catalog was a horrible mobe.

8 Likes

They do listen though. Not all the time, but they do listen. I have a good feeling that classic faces will still be usable in the future. But for that, we need to make sure that Roblox hears our voice, which we are all currently doing.

5 Likes

they already stated they will be useable in the future, read the bottom of the post. It literally states if you dont want a dynamic head just go and switch to classic head

3 Likes

Guess Roblox didn’t really drop their Metaverse title. Like some other Developers have pointed out, the concerning issue is with malicious actors using these faces for s__ual purposes.

11 Likes

The real question is, how would that be moderated? I know it’s getting off-topic, but to both dynamic heads & VR, how the hell is that gonna be moderated without like… I don’t know - Somehow replicating an entire scene in a game for moderators to look at??

4 Likes

AFAIK they will still be usable, just not purchaseable anymore until their dynamic alternative gets released.

3 Likes

I chuckled at this, funny line.

7 Likes

LOL no - AI is not the solution to Roblox’s problems with copyright.

7 Likes

It basically was required by law. The vast majority of the audio library contained copyrighted content. While perhaps they had better options, this was their easiest. I don’t really see this as an issue, however I am still awaiting for Roblox to allow users to make audio public again. But I suspect they will need an improved copyright system for that.

1 Like

he wasnt charging them just 10 dollars, go read up on the case

2 Likes

I agree but if they actually felt like that was the only way they could stop the entourage of issues they were having then I can see where they were coming from. Here, not as much

its almost impossible to moderate, imo just humiliate the people that do that crap, then they’ll learn

3 Likes

Again, they could’ve, but most AI IS GARBAGE!
Take AI-drawn programs for example. Hands. They could fail with the same thing as copyright, so now I regret saying this, sorry!

4 Likes