We’ve Rebuilt Sponsored Games!

The real question is when will this come to ads I would love to use this there

One of the best updates in a long time

2 Likes

But why, I don’t see the logic in this… this is like saying we’re rebuilding events and al it gives is nothing anyone wants in return.

How does gender targeting work? For example if I selected an ad that targeted boys, does it just increase the chances of an ad showing to boys? Or does it exclude girls from being shown the ad?

I believe it would be 90% of a chance of a boy to see it, 10% chance for a girl.

1 Like

Even if they were to take out the option to opt out choosing your gender, it still helps for the millions of other players who do choose a gender, and further more find a target audience.

2 Likes

With all due respect, I think you’re over-exaggerating too much and using it as an emotional appeal to your advantage. First of all, you replied to someone with that quote. That isn’t ethical and shouldn’t be used since the individual never stated anything about that. It’s like asking what your favourite pizza is and replying with pasta.

4 Likes

Thank you roblox :slight_smile:
I am a pretty new developer, and 1 month ago when i wanted to make an ad ffor my game, i found it very hardly where i need to go to sponsor my game, and when i found them i was a bit disapointed that i couldn’t do basic targeting like age or sex.(I’ve created like $300+ worth of facebook ads before, and for everyone saying it’s wrong to build stereotypes based on gender and age, trust me once you know the power of segmenting and you can run more focused and effective ads, you will realize that, in the BIGGER picture gender and age plays a really big factor in what the audience likes to play, and these “stereotypes” are not stereotypes, they are real.)
I am really looking forward to finnish my new game and test the new ad system :grinning:
1 little thing i would love to see in next uppdate is split testing in ads what allows us to make two almost identical ads, with a little difference in the audience for example one targeting 6-9 years old girls the other targeting 10-13 years old girls and after a day we could see wich ad performs better and we could shut down the ad wich performs less effective and transfer the funds to the other wich works better

1 Like

Great update but it’s not working. No matter how many days or budget I try, it gives the same error “Total budget does not match daily spend and number of days being scheduled”. It clearly does match and impossible to make a mistake since you only enter one number, which is calculated by the number of days. Is this being fixed or are the ads not going to be working for a while?

2 Likes

Thanks but one day won’t work for me either. Same “Total budget does not match daily spend and number of days being scheduled” despite both figures being the same.

Sounds awesome. But you should definitely add feature on group games, where doing sponsored games takes robux from your account which is very bad. Please fix it.

I am very excited for this update, it’ll most certainly maximize our budgets for marketing and bring in audiences who will more certainly engage with our content. I hope to see this system expand to personal interests along with traditional banner/skyscraper/box ads.

To say gender is a social construct is wrong, it is defined by blood and the will of nature. You don't see cats/dogs/insert any other animal that isn't human trying to go against this core biological definition of being alive. To state such is of the human mind is merely ignorance, and promoting what is most certainly a mental illness to be a normal going against the very foundation which guided us to this very day. There is no stereotypes for genders, it's how we're built to very essence of who we are.
2 Likes

You’re arguing a really hard corner here. You’re asking devs to not use proven methods to maximise their playerbase.

The fact of the matter is that this system works. Whether it should work is an entirely different discussion, but it works, and as a result it’s in a developer’s best interest to utilise it.

I get where you’re coming from, I truly do, but these gender stereotypes are pretty widespread (and mostly accurate). I believe that users should be able to choose an unspecified gender option, which opts them in to both gender choices. I think that would be a pretty good compromise

3 Likes

Seems real good for a ton of developers. I like this. Keep up with the good work ROBLOX! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gender should be a statistic. If 70% of the players who play my game are male (or identify as male), then I would want to target the sponsoring to mainly male players. It’s the exact same concept as Sponsorships on TV or Youtube. If you’re watching a youtube video about cars, and the sponsorship is about Makeup and Beauty then very few people will go to the sponsor. It’s just Advertising101. You have to get to your target audience.

To clarify, if the majority of your players are male aged 13-15 then that is the demographic you need to target. The assumption that ROBLOX is sexist or somewhat homophobic by adding this is absurd. If I pay robux (which costs real currency) for an advert/sponsor, I want to make sure that it goes to the right people so that my game can benefit. And at no point is this “Gender Stereotyping” - You pick your gender when you sign up, It’s a Binary Gender system used to apply and collect data significant for advertising and algorithms. Please educate yourself.

3 Likes

That is your opinion. This whole upgrade is phenomenal in my opinion and introduces more alternatives for audience targeting to let you get more for your ad time.

1 Like

Nice to see something being done about this!

Would it increase the chances of a boy being shown an ad?

If a boy had the chance to be shown two ads, both having equal robux bids

• ad #1 targeted for boys
  • ad #2 targeted for both genders

would ad #1 have increased chances of being shown because of it being targeted for boys?

Hopefully someone gets my point here; it’s easy to misinterpret this.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Ad #1 would have the same chance as ad #2, I think.

This is good indeed, i like it keep it up roblox!

1 Like