We need better security to prevent underaged users

I’m sure there would be a reason, but it might be unclear to the person who got banned.

1 Like

Sorry, I accidentally changed words’ order. I meant, what if a 13+ user copies a link from a <13 user?

1 Like

Sorry, I accidentally changed words’ order while writing.

I’m pretty sure a web.roblox.com link wouldn’t immediately ban them, the moderation team would probably investigate. If the user repeatedly posted web.roblox.com links, it would probably be safe to say that they are underage.

6 Likes

what if they lie about there age on there account? how would we stop that?

i completely agree just because some one doesn’t have good grammar doesn’t mean there bellow 13. plus I’m sure there ton of people that are 13+ but still have bad grammar

2 Likes

so basically u expect every 13+ to talk with grammar or people like me would be considered underage? makes no sense

Anyways, I’ve got a good idea. So some people have told to add web.roblox links into the filter. When it is added to the filter, it can also be made in such a way that when a user press reply or save, it not only filters, but it also sends a notification to the moderators. Then the moderators would investigate.

3 Likes

Yes, but investigate with what? There’s no way to collect evidence that a user is under 13.

2 Likes

As @StrowmanBrown2 said company’s can not store data under the age of 13 this restrict loads of websites. Including over 18+ sites which teenagers still stubble across them and it has been an issue for years.

I am pretty sure roblox would be able to overcome this somehow.

3 Likes

But there is no proof that the user who sent the link is under 13, so without proof, legal action cannot be taken. However, if it was proven, the user could be banned from forum and all the user’s data would be deleted.

Roblox has plenty of tools to do so, we don’t need to know what they use.

I mean Discord has its own system on banning under 13s (with most people I know got falsely banned xD) I wonder if roblox would harsh the security up a little.

1 Like

Just vet them out yourself, these kids shouldn’t be doing this but at the same time I don’t want to see Roblox start forcing everyone to do ID checks.

Symptoms of being underaged include :

• Being remarkably unfunny
  • Not willing to VC / unmute on Discord
  • No PFP / Random meme PFP
  • Unable to say numbers on Roblox
  • Sending web.roblox links

And if they are underaged but don’t emit these symptoms, there isn’t really any reason to exclude them either, if they’re pretty chill and don’t cause trouble.

7 Likes

Just want to correct this, a recent update has allowed under 13 users to say numbers on Roblox, so this can no longer be used to tell if a user is under 13.

2 Likes

A big problem with the forums is when someone gets into a pointless argument and have no idea what they are talking about, you check their Twitter or Dev Forum account and they are under the age of 15. It really makes sense now why almost no OG developers post or even look here anymore when most of the discussion is being held by unknowledgeable users who post just for the sake of posting.

5 Likes

I mean i am 19 and I don’t like joining voice chat myself as its the most toxic place and after the incident of me being banned from roblox Discord server for being racist (even though it was the person above me which WAS DEFINITELY WASNT ME and the admins didn’t believe me I was banned with no appeals)

I’m hoping roblox developer forum to become more like Discord where they will take action on underaged accounts.

2 Likes

None of these things can confirm that someone is under 13. Also, how does not unmuting on Discord help the situation? Are you going to force people to mic up against their will and report them if they don’t?

Except Roblox is legally required to remove them.

5 Likes

That is a very inconsistent and subjective way to solve the problem. It could lead to many false positives considering that this is the Internet and users typically write informally.

Many underage people have things like “ALT” or “DEVFORUM” in their names because their mains are under 13 but they make alts that are over 13.

5 Likes

I’ve DMed DET about some clearly underage users that post web.roblox links and do not contribute to the forum at all, but nothing happened.

6 Likes

I’m only speaking from experience, I’ve been running a community for a year and the results are consistent. Sorry to tell you the truth.

1 Like