We need better transaction logs and sales analytics

As developers are earning larger amounts of money on the platform it’s becoming more apparent that there needs to be a easy to use and in detail log of sales and earnings by custom time frame and by asset.

I’m currently in the plugin marketplace beta and there is no good way to track the earnings from my plugins. My only way to find out my earnings is to take the ‘Total Sales’ (in this case is 123) and multiply that by the price (in this case is 4085).

53eb95fdc2f802d50a285e2fa20abca0
06595364a30e8abec6f17dd1da6d6e45

123 * 4,085 = 502,455 (Before Roblox take their 30% cut).
502,455 * 0.7 = 351,718 (After Roblox take their 30% cut).

f3c430e461a5100d84bd83440b94c703

I have earned 351,718 Robux from my month old plugin. However Roblox’s transaction log shows that for the entire year I’ve earned 307,718, a whole 44,000 less, and that’s not even including sales of other assets that I can’t even access data about.

A single transaction log that shows ‘Sale of Goods’ by day, week, month, and year is far too broad to be useful and when I’m told to make a support ticket to get this issue resolved I can’t give them any useful information or time frames. It’s been 3 weeks since I last got a correspondence from support and I’m still no further forward.

Better analytics and sale logs is a must for people selling assets on your platform. It’s not acceptable for developers to be cashing out hundreds of thousands of dollars but only being able to sort their overall earnings by last day, week, month, and year.

*Edit I should mention that I was reimbursed 24550 Robux for a separate bug which now makes it even more confusing for me because that amount isn’t logged anywhere.

*Edit 2:
Not sure if this would be considered related but I’ve also had an issue where my transaction log states that I’ve earned 1,037,528 but my wallet said I had 1,028,232 without spending any.

It’s far too hard to tell where earnings are coming from and where they’re going.

29 Likes

I support this to the fullest.

Those who have many items on sale will have trouble looking at analytics without going to every item’s analytics page. The purchases only show total sales, which is useless in determining what worked and what didn’t.

There aren’t any graphs, any like-to-dislike charts, only total sales… Manual calculations will be tedious and hard to automate.

It’s hard to see what’s trending, hard to see purchases over time. Better analytics would help everyone.

5 Likes

Huge support! It’s impossible to see my UGC item sales trends so that I can follow to release further content if some of my items do better than others.

The lack of visibility to how many assets or items we’re selling is a huge blind spot and why I can’t run any UGC as a proper business (as much as I enjoy selling items and assets).

It’s hard to make marketing decisions when I’m this blind - and shots in the dark aren’t dependable.

4 Likes