We need more information on why place name or description is inappropriate

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to update my place name/description without having to guess what is “inappropriate”.

I literally can’t even save my description without making any changes, as the website still tells me something is inappropriate. It’s sometimes the same with gamepasses/badges too.

If more info was given on what’s actually inappropriate I could change the description/name to fix it. Currently, I’m stuck with this description and can’t change it without deleting the entire thing - which I don’t really want to do.

Desription in full

Welcome to 2 Player Secret Hideout Tycoon! I hope you have fun.

:heavy_dollar_sign: Join a tycoon with a friend and start making in-game money!
:+1: Build all four floors and travel to the underworld!
:crossed_swords: Buy tons of weapons and fight the other teams!
:video_game: Enter the Bunker and play some games!
:scream: Try and collect a rare token crate!
:moneybag: Become a billionaire…

Thank you SO MUCH for 30M million visits! :heartpulse:
Don’t forget to Follow the game for update news!

77 Likes

UPDATE:

After lots of trial and error, I’ve discovered it was the emoji :heavy_dollar_sign: (???)
So I have had to remove that emoji from the description just to update the title

14 Likes

This was possibly due to the fact that the recent phishing and scam activity. Probably they added that emoji for attention of “free robux”.

17 Likes

Same issue here.

We’re unable to use Roblox to inform our users about updates to our game due to the chat filter.

We need to use Twitter / Discord communities (and ingame update logs) to try and get this information across because the website will not let us.

Edit: I was unable to figure out what was blocking the update so I gave up trying to change it.

Best bypass for now seems to be creating a custom update log in your thumbnail since it’s still visible from the website:

21 Likes

This is still a major issue, we developers do our best to deliver quality Game Descriptions but without any information on why it’s “inappropriate” it is harder for us to achieve that goal with a needless obstacle.

44 Likes