We Need More Report Options

I was thinking today of what being a moderator felt like, and I thought of the default flags we have, inappropriate, off-topic and spam, but I feel like there’s something that is missing, o think they should add 2 things, the first one is the duplicate option, that a topic is a duplicate of another, and a move to report, for topics in the wrong category, and maybe also a suggestion for which category it could be put in, because I’m not a moderator but I think that having all of those messages being sent to them everyday has to feel so overwhelming, and I think this would help them

Thanks moderators for keeping the DevForum civil!

1 Like

If the three options, off topic, spam, and inappropriate, does not fit what you are concerned about with the post, you can always click on the option called something else. When clicking on something else, make sure that the reason is legitimate and provide evidence.

2 Likes

Yea, but that should only be used for very rare cases, but the ones listed above are pretty common

I wish it was that easy.

All the report options accurately cover all the possible reasons a post should be removed, it’s just that you usually need to use Something Else anyway to specifically outline the exact reason a post should be removed for that reason.

The only possible good outcome for this is if all the possible options were all the rules and guidelines in the assorted pinned posts. At least then the moderators won’t have any excuse as to why they’re not bothering to handle flags that aren’t Something Else.

I feel like I report more topics for this than any other reason, so I would support if “Wrong Category” was an option.

2 Likes

Or, ya know… instead of reporting, maybe kindly tell them it’s in the wrong category, and they can repost it themselves, instead of just reporting them.

1 Like

Yea, but then you get a warm that says “Flag instead of reply”, and if it’s in the wrong category why should I even flag it? You can move it by yourself you know?

Then just use the something else flag.

What do you mean? I don’t get it sorry
Wait, I got it now, but that should be for specific cases, that don’t happen every day, but duplicates and wrong category happen almost everyday, that’s why I suggested them

It’s really not hard to click this.

1 Like

Yea but that’s not for things that happen every once in an hours, becaus @moderators have to read all of that! Instead if there was these 2 options there would be really less messages being sent to them, and also less topics that are in the wrong category that are eliminated, then being recreated in the right category and creating some Mukden of duplicate, instead if there was the move to then taht wouldn’t happen
And duplicates are so common, but because there isn’t a flag options for them, moderators always have to read those messages

It’s hard for the moderators to read a few words saying it’s in the wrong category?

Yea, 2 words, multiply that for every time a topic is in the wrong category, it becomes thousand of words then! While ti could be totally solved with one, little, feature
And also form what I know @moderators never move posts, but they always eliminate them

1 Like

That’s not really an argument.

What do you mean by that?

Just press the something else button lol. There are much larger priorities for the forum than an extra button.

I know that there are bigger priorities, but almost always, how good something is is in the small details, and I never said that thsi is a feature that should have top priority

It’s really not needed. Just press “something else”. There aren’t many flags a day anyway.

Yea but still, this feature may still be useful

I’ve said all that’s needed for my argument. No point in continuing to rabble on repeating the same arguments.

1 Like