We need something like "Cool Creations", but for cooler creations

Asking for post approval on a category at the moment is like asking for a fuchsia bear to pop out of thin air, unfortunatly PA is already too stretched, and in this scenario I would consider PA for #resources a greater priority so its best to consider other options :frowning:

Can’t blame me for not reading (I did) when your post was very implicit. So I am basing my replies off of what I understand.

But Cool Creations and “Cooler” Creations are literally going to have the same purpose, we might as well duplicate every existing category and put Post Approval on those as well. Otherwise inconsistency.

Cool Creations isn’t for support in the sense of “Help! My code doesn’t work!”. It’s for feedback.

Why can’t Regulars just post in the existing category???

I think the problem is more, finding good posts is like looking for the needle in the haystack, sure there is the occasional super advanced AI system, but to find that you have to look through 50 bugs people find funny, 20 chairs my 3 year old cousin could have made, 100 admin command systems all really the same but with slightly better UI every time, In an utopian dev forum, I would just be able to click on the catagory and be like ‘Wow, look what the community has been up to in the 3 minutes since I last checked the dev forum!’

1 Like

where

Also you can make creative things out of a bug.

It was exaggeration, I thought that was obvious

None of the posts I can actually see on there are of any interest to me (Excluding what are you working on currently (2020), I also spotted ‘[Feedback] my script’, as @TheCarbyneUniverse said, there are catagories for stuff like this, namely #help-and-feedback:code-review

1 Like

I understand, but not at least one category had an issue.

That doesn’t mean we should make a new one with post approval on it

That title could have done better. But the actual contents link to a Roblox game. (so we can’t see the code)

Actually I can.
Please don’t respond to something if you haven’t taken the time to read through.

I literally don’t know how to put it in simpler terms.

Receiving feedback is a type of support. The new category would not be for support or feedback. Either way, the point stands.
You keep saying that I imply things yet you seem to only look at these implications when it suits your own objectives.

1 Like

If the support categories are so strict about posting only help related question (thus having a lower range of allowed topics), then cool creations needs to as well. The specificity of cool creations posts has been lost ever since. There can easily be more categories added instead of squeezing exceptions into one category and drowning out topics that fit there better such as showcases. Imagine if there was only one support category allowing people to get support for scripting, art, and building. They’re distinguished for a reason. Then, why is cool creations literally a misc category? It allows:

• closed-source resources
  • showcases
  • feedback for even most basic things

Feedback doesn’t even seem related to the other two, hence making the category misc. If the threshold for what is deemed “cool” is so low, the word basically loses all meaning. Imagine if scripting support was so lenient as to allow non-Lua languages. How on Earth are you supposed to find Lua-related problems with most of the posts are about other languages? Similarly, how on Earth are you supposed to find amazing creations in cool creations?

First of all, cool creations isn’t all feedback, it’s also closed-source resources and showcases, who don’t ask for feedback whatsoever. Plus, I don’t think a discussion shall be called “silly”. If someone is voicing their opinion, and you disagree with it, that doesn’t make it “silly”, which is subjective, by the way.

That’s because the code doesn’t suck, which again is subjective. It isn’t used as much and the code is almost always lengthy/qualifying to be optimized. The subjectivity of this argument just makes your other argument about calling “cool” subjective invalid.

Even if code review had a problem, this is like saying “the other kid did this, so why can’t I”. If this post was about code review, you probably would’ve said why isn’t this posted about cool creations.

No one ever said they shouldn’t be allowed to get feedback. Just that the “feedback” portion of the category doesn’t fit with the name as well as the other portions (like closed-source resources and showcases). Therefore, the “cool” part in “cool creations” has lost all meaning, so it’d be better to move the feedback portion out/create a new category for actual cool creations to stand out.

I don’t care if the feedback portion of the category stays there, can it please not be mixed in with showcases and actual cool creations?

3 Likes

No. In my opinion, almost every category Is having this issue due to more and more people coming in the forums. Adding a entire category just for regulars, could annoy members, who can create good things.
it simply isn’t the solution.
This simply isn’t really a problem we can fix. Every solution is a double bladed sword.

1 Like

Plenty of elitist servers and retweeting twitter accounts exist for this. The devforum doesn’t really seem appropriate to start gate-keeping. What classifies as “cooler” is subjective to the gate-keeper which is unfair to those just wanting to share what is cool to them.

If you don’t like a post, just close it and open the next one. You can also create a thread in the Discussion category and ask people to post only the coolest creations there if you want to - several threads like this also already exist.

Or just use the Top sort on Cool Creations, and generally the most replied-to are the coolest.

3 Likes

Why does everyone just assume that I want a category for only regulars?

It would be fine if I just had to close and open the next thead once or twice.
There are just too many to threads.

A lot of people post in cool creations, adding PA to it would probably overwhelm them.

Feeble and incorrect.

It does have “polished/high-quality creations” as well as discussion.

Doesn’t look like you’ve read beyond

in the sense of “Help! My code doesn’t work!”

The purpose of the category is to be the general place for showing off your work? We don’t need a separate cool creations category for each development role because that is category bloat. Cool Scripting, Cool Building, Cool Art Design, Cool Game Design??

It isn’t allowed for a reason. This is the Roblox Developer Forum, often shortened to DevForum. It is to talk about Roblox development. And more professional developers (mainly outside of Roblox) wouldn’t pick devforums, but rather a site like Stack Overflow.

You mean what fits your standards? The developer community on Roblox is very diverse and create the craziest of things which you may or may not like.

I was comparing it to what OP is claiming is an issue, when it isn’t.

How do they not? They posted there for a reason.

TL;DR, OP is basically saying “members bad, they can’t make quality content, let’s make a regular+ category because I personally didn’t like a creation or two”

That is as simple as the tl;dr gets.

Thank you for pointing out what I couldn’t have said shorter. (w.r.t post approval)

3 Likes

I just had a look at the Top sort and, as I expected, it is full of creations I would class as supercool. Of course, as is the nature with subjectivity, you may not feel the same.

1 Like

I find that What you are working on tends to have very interesting creations most of the time that I even question how they did it.

A new category does feel like bloat though, a thread for very interesting creations is more preferable where the What you are working on thread seems to mostly accomplish.

Since we’re opening up #help-and-feedback:cool-creations, the What are you working on thread seems obsolete.

What if we had a “Very Cool Creations” thread made by an Admin under #help-and-feedback:cool-creations and pinned to the top, where they list quality creations?

A Very cool creations superthread

I know that you may want a new subcategory for better creations but I don’t think that it is mostly agreed for the creation of this subcategory.

For the time being while you can’t have this come to reality, that thread serves as the substitute because I can frequently find high quality posts there.

Hmm. I like the idea a lot! However the definition of high quality can vary. So maybe there could be a system of up voting work.

1 Like

Have you tried browsing Top instead of Latest/New?

You can view the top viewed/interacted-with topics over the last day/week/month/year that way.

2 Likes

Yea I’ve browsed through that.
It just doesn’t feel like the content quality is the same as when there was something dedicated and hand-selected.
Either way, looks like my opinion isn’t the same as the majority.
I guess I could always stick to private discord groups