We Should Be Able To Eliminate Topics With Replies (Low Priority)

So, currently, if you have a topic and it gets replies you can’t eliminate it, as you ‘don’t have permission’, and the only way to do that is by flagging it, but this is pretty annoying as:
You have to go trough a lot of buttons, imagine if you want to put a Something Else
Will take time to eliminate it
If you used one of the default flags and there nothing wrong in your topic it will not be eliminated (not sure, correct me if I’m wrong)

So basically, it has downsides, instead if we would be able to eliminate them we would:
Have to click 2 buttons and don’t write anything
Doesn’t take time to eliminate
Doesnt fail

So basically it’s better, if you would be able to address this issue (which isn’t an issue, it’s just a very little optimisation) it would make eliminating topics much easier, thanks in advance

Also:
If you will not implement this could you at least change the notification? You get 2 notifications and they seem like you did something wrong, if you could change it to something along the lines of:
“Your Topic “(Name)” Was Succesfully Removed”
Or something like that

Also another question: Why aren’t we allowed to eliminate topics with replies? I don’t quite understand

Deleting posts with no responses is understandable, but deleting posts with responses from others does not appear to be fair for others.

The whole point of posts is to bring developers together and have them discuss their own opinions, usually expanding on the topic. If the original poster deleted the post, the users who contributed to the deleted post would be confused.

The DevForum is also a place where developers can share their thoughts and ideas, as well as ask questions. The deleted replies would restrict the flow of information and make it difficult for other developers to learn from the discussion.

8 Likes

Oh okay, understandable, but I don’t understand why we have to flag it, also in this case then they could do this:

This is working as intended. Topics with replies should not be removed as the discussion ownership is shared between participants, as described above. Thanks!