Weapon skins are fun to make

6 Likes

No Tommy gun :_(

Maybe if we can figure out a smooth way to add it, then it will be added

Not gonna lie, those look cool af

I always had nostalgic fuzzy feelings for simple meshes with simple retextures that your brain can follow.

Reminds me of my first time trying to retexture, I just took the 2009 visor and tried to put my name on it with microsoft paint

The guns in the first image is the mesh I use in Vampire Hunters 2, but your retextures are better looking than mine :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice asimov shotgun skin

I’m trying to figure out a way to make guns have awesome skins and colours for a CSGO game I’m making in the future, and to implement into one of my other WIPs ):

Sorry for a late reply but, how did you make those textures? Did you UV map them abd then overlay a picture? If so, how? And if not, how did you do it? Thanks!

To be honest they look really nice and well made but they give me the feeling of a plastic toy gun instead of an actual gun I can use and kill with (doesn’t apply for all guns, some look realistic and cool). I think it is because of the skins concentrating on only one color. Try using at least 2 colors when creating a skin. Here is an example of a well made skin which concentrates in 2 colors only:

By the way it doesn’t mean that using a lot of colors will result on a skin looking better, that is not true in my opinion, but I do think that using only 1 color for a skin will result on the skin looking not that great.

2 Likes

I used 3DCoat to let me draw on the gun itself in Photoshop and then it puts it back onto the UV map where you have to fix slight issues sometimes

Thanks! Never used 3DCoat before, but will definetely try!