"Wear" button not showing up on catalog assets

Reproduction Steps

Click on the “…” menu in the top right corner of any catalog asset that you own.

Browser Information: The issue occurs in all browsers.

Expected Behavior

On the asset page for any avatar item that you own, there should be a button that says “Wear” when you open the “…” menu in the top right corner of the page.

Actual Behavior

The “Wear” button is not there anymore.

Before:
WearButton

Now:
AddToprofile

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: Brown Hair - Roblox
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly

6 Likes

If I have to scroll through literally thousands of shirts on the avatar page to find the one I want (or possibly just crashing the page) instead of getting it in two seconds from the catalog search I am never going to customize my avatar beyond my pre-saved outfits again. Bring back the wear button.

3 Likes

This is occurring to me as well

this is particularly detrimental due to avatar editor lacking a search function, so as a workaround I’ve made an habit of using catalog search to find accessories I already own due to how many items are in my inventory

I own over 100 pages of head accessories alone, and the avatar editor simply fails to load all of my accessories, this button was quite literally the only way I could reliably equip some of my oldest accessories.

6 Likes

Also having this issue here. The “Try On” feature was mentioned here but that is only useful if you want to preview the item rather than actually equip it onto your avatar.

An unofficial workaround for this would be if you have any third party extensions such as RoPro. You can utilize their Quick Equip feature in order to sift through your inventory, I find this to be a viable substitute whilst this feature is gone.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

I am also experiencing this issue months later. I have hundreds of shirts and the avatar loader is not able to load ALL of my shirts, meaning the very old or moderately old shirts have absolutely no way to be worn at all.

2 Likes

This is intentional:

I don’t think it should have been removed, but it’s not a bug

4 Likes

As said in the thread @xyrafrost mentioned, the “Wear” button was intentionally removed.
But we’ll be addressing the issue of large inventories in the future differently.

Closing this thread as well for the same reason!

2 Likes