Website 500 Error

Detailed description of bug:
Since today I have not been able to connect to the website at all over my Wifi, on PC or iPhone. Data works fine. The website is throwing a 500 error so I cannot seem to find a reason to why it is rejecting my connection. I cleared my cookies etc and it still won’t connect. It is also happening on iOS Safari which means it shouldn’t have to do with cookies etc. I reset my router and the issue is still happening. It will sometimes connect and load a few pages but then go right back to throwing 500 errors.

When it started happening;
Today

Screenshots and videos of the bug:

Steps to reproduce the issue (be minimal, specific, consistent!):
Connecting to the website. It loads maybe 1/10 of the times I try and then gives the error a few min later.

System specs:
iOS v 14.3
Windows 10 Chrome

tdlr: Starting today the website has begun to throw 500 errors at only my Wifi on every device.
“The 500 Internal Server Error is a very general HTTP status code that means something has gone wrong on the web site’s server but the server could not be more specific on what the exact problem is.”

Update 1: Clearing my cookies now makes me unable to log in because after the password page the verification code page just 500 errors.

This is a 500 error so it should 100% be on Roblox’s end. This has nothing to do with my cookies or temp since its on every device on Wifi and resetting the Wifi has done nothing.

Update 2: I can still connect fine to Studio and Team Create so its 100% the website throwing these 500 errors

1 Like

Looks like other people are also reporting a 500 error https://downdetector.com/status/roblox/
East Coast servers bugging?

1 Like

I’m not having these issues as of 2021-01-24T20:12:00Z. I am in the East Coast so I do not think that’s the problem. It’s also not showing up on Status+:

https://status-plus.github.io/StatusPlus/

The server’s from Status+ are using GitHub’s San Francisco server’s AFAIK. Could it be an issue with your ISP?

1 Like

I’m having these issues also. It rarely lets me open the home page and when I click anything from that page it sends to to the error page. I am in the Midwestern.

1 Like

Update: Seems to have been fixed, no longer receiving error.

2 Likes

This is likely a specific server near you that is having issues. It seems that myself and other users have a fully functional site + studio. Regardless, it should be fixed.

2 Likes

Haven’t had any issues with the website except with decal uploading. Currently getting error 400 when attempting to upload any decal. Anyone else experiencing this?

4 Likes

As some people above, I also do not have and did not have any issues or problems both with ROBLOX and ROBLOX Studio.

1 Like

Hello! I can’t seem to be able reproduce this. Can you please confirm that the issue still occurs? Thank you!

1 Like

Its fixed now, an East Coast server must have gone down for a little bit since that is where most of the people that had this problem live.

2 Likes

Based on the above responses, This issue is now resolved! If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.