Website Catalog as well as Catalog API not giving results after PageNumber 34

Not really sure about how long it is going to be implemented.

This was answered at the RDC conference. This was done intentionally to prevent bots from scraping the catalog. They said they thought nobody would notice.

2 Likes

The catalog was recently made wider and there are now 50 items per page. This works out to 1000 results before it stops you, which is 20 pages. I don’t think the result limit has changed.

1 Like

I see bots flooding the toolbox and even “GOOD” models can’t be seen

2 Likes

I’ve began having this bug, yet it is now back at page 20? I don’t really understand trying to stop bots by limiting results, since bots usually reach the front page regardless. Therefor, it just forces all wanted results out, rather than finding ways to give you results you wanted more.

1 Like

This bug is still active after 2 years and now instead of stopping at page 34, it’s now only 17.

6 Likes

Still no fix, seems like they will be keeping this as a scraping strategy for unwanted items to appear on the catalog.

3 Likes

This is still an issue that I am experiencing, although it has changed from 34 to 17 because the amount of items shown on a page has doubled.

If this is really intentional to prevent bots, why not just implement a rate-limit instead of restricting everyone when using the catalog at all?

15 Likes

To anyone who hasnt read this thread, On face value this feature literally looks like Roblox catalog is broken.
This ‘restriction’ makes it seem like Roblox cant handle the API-strain issue.

I wonder if this could be placed under review in 2021, with hopes of re-designing how anti-scraping is done on Roblox, without blocking users from the content they are searching for.

6 Likes

I see that this “page lock” was intentional, but I hope it’s not permanent. It’s too often that the catalog items that are displayed before the page lock are all the same items, uploaded by bot accounts that exist hundreds of times on the same couple of pages.

This may solve one problem but it creates another. A lot of clothing on the catalog will just remain forever hidden, buried under the spammy names and descriptions that deliberately abuse the search algorithm to show up first. For those of us who don’t want to give money to the scummy types of people that are behind these bots, our only option is to find a friend to make the clothes, find a group that makes original clothes, or make it ourselves.

(Screenshots below are the results of me searching “blue shirt” and cycling through all 17 pages I was allowed to view under “Relevant” sorting (bestselling just gives me almost entirely irrelevant items). Though only 3 screenshots are given, each page was just about the same)

1 Like

The problem still persists in 2021.

After the first wave of UGC in which the Avatar Shop got “flooded” with new items, I wasn’t able to find items that were published/updated more than 5 hours ago.

4 Likes

This makes it currently impossible to find all of the clothing created by specific groups, which is necessary for projects like mine that feature the works of prolific designers. The catalog in general desperately needs to be further looked into and overhauled.

2 Likes

With the amount of UGC content increasing month after month, this is something that needs to be revised as soon as possible. I have found that it’s impossible to search an entire category of UGC items since there are so many items and the last page I can ever reach is 17. I fear that some UGC items won’t be able to be seen as much because of the 17 page restriction.

6 Likes

Yep this has been a bug for years now and I’m so glad someone finally pointed it out. Hopefully they will fix this.

4 Likes

I can’t get to page 18, There’s over 500 pages of hats by now, guaranteed…I want to browse for hat combos, this is unfortunately getting in the way.

4 Likes

I’m bumping this because I am also facing this issue. I haven’t seen any response from any engineers about this issue, and it would be nice to know whether or not they ever plan on allowing us to access the full depths of the catalog or leave us to find other methods?

4 Likes

This is still occurring, when will there be a fix for this? Are the engineers going to respond at all about this?

3 Likes

I still can’t get to page 18, also the group search pops up a bunch of random groups that have nothing to do with what you searched

2 Likes

This issue is still happening, I can’t get past page 17

3 Likes

when will this be fixed? Like page 17 sucks i want to see everything

2 Likes