Website chat doesn't allow me to chat with new friends ("An error occurred")

Still an issue for me. Appears to be for the others as well.

1 Like

Sadly it still is an issue for me as well.

3 Likes

This is still an issue for me, I only chat on mobile

This is no longer an issue for me, albeit I was using chromium edge instead of chrome.

The problem is still happening. It’s looking like it has to do with your Google account or something to that extent when connected to chrome.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s the case. My chrome remains separate from my account (I didn’t synch it so the history, bookmarks, etc. remain separate). There does seem to be an issue between Chrome and Roblox overall, however. I have talked with a few friends who use Chrome and they’re having this problem too. I think it’s more widespread than any of us realize many just haven’t taken action here on the forum or elsewhere and assume it just a glitch that’ll eventually be fixed. Let’s hope the latter part of their thinking is true, and that it comes quickly.

2 Likes

I agree 100%. It’s something with Chrome and Roblox, maybe their chat system servers or something.

2 Likes

Those who were experiencing this bug - is it still happening?

3 Likes

On PC it’s happening to me, but it’s fine on mobile.

EDIT: Re-tried it, and works perfectly fine!

1 Like

It’s fixed for me, Probably a Chrome update fixed this

Edit: I still get notifications, but the chat never refreshes until you refresh the page, New Messages won’t show up until you refresh

1 Like

Works for me now

2 Likes

Works now for me as well. Thank God.

2 Likes

All Good. <3 I wonder what the issue was.

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem too. I can no longer chat with friends on the Roblox website.

3 Likes