Website feature request replies open to TL1

UPDATE: This seems to have been reverted as the reply button no longer appears.

bug report

I’m not sure if this would be classified as a bug but I believe it is due to it’s unnatural state.

For context, I’m TL1 (Member).

Usually, both topic creation and post creation in #feature-requests are only for TL2+ (Regular and higher). However, recently (about 16 minutes ago) the “reply” button appeared for TL1 users in #feature-requests:website-features but for no other subcategory in #feature-requests.

(Resized my browser so I could capture everything without having to scroll too much)

(Reply button doesn’t appear here)

This change (if it’s intentional) can create a negative forum experience with people misusing the category and the reply feature (which has just occurred as pointed out by incapaz).

1 Like

yes it actually works for me to not only on your end

They must have changed something since all members including me can reply to posts in #feature-requests:website-features

They didn’t update the rules yet though

Here’s another screenshot to prove:

This should be reverted ASAP, users are already admitting to being under 13, admitting to being non-developers, and misusing the category for appealing account bans as well as bumping feature requests with no new information.

5 Likes

The issue has been solved and I will update this if it appears again.

3 Likes

Apologies for any inconvenience and thanks for the catch. There’s a problem with a Discourse plugin we are using where it is not correctly populating all of the category settings on the admin UI, and then it defaults those settings once we save it, which happened to include the “restricted replies” section. I’ve fixed it now for all the categories.

Will file a bug report with the maintainer of the plugin.

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.