Weird bug where the player randomly gains speed from chatting, and there is no script that gives it speed

I’ve been making this game for months, and I don’t want this to fail and be never released. This bug occurs randomly and gives the player speed for absolutely no reason. I have still not figured out what script does this and I still didn’t find out.
Can anyone help me? Did roblox break my game? Because there’s also another problem where I randomly lag too.

Ill even provide a video, if i can.

1 Like

So, what message needs to be chatted for speed?

You might have a plugin or a free model doing it

We can’t help you if we can’t see you doing the bug. A description, reproduction steps or a video would be helpful

Search for

You said theres no script that gives speed, there is for a fact if this happens. Check all plugin sources by going to Appdata and navigating thru the Studio/Plugins folder and drop their rbxm file into studios, then use Ctrl+Shift+F to open the Find/Replace tab. And then search for Speed and scroll through each line of code prompted by the tab to see where it gets changed, or affected.

1 Like

Here’s the video of me attempting the glitch, This happens in the roblox client too

Edit: already mentioned above, sorry

Have you tried using Global Find/Replace window in Roblox Studio to find anything with the word “Speed”?

I think that if you’re pressing the shift key while chatting, it could be your stamina system.

There is no running in the game. I didn’t hold shift when i was typing with the caps. And i did tried using global find/replace. I couldn’t really find anything that could be affecting anything. But i could disable a script 1 by 1 and see if the glitch stops.

Is there shift to sprint? Maybe you gotta check if game processed is true before applying sprinting. If game processed is true, check if its false before applying it.

No there’s no shift to sprint in the game.

Maybe the camera movement or something may be causing it but I don’t know.

For now on im disabling scripts 1 by 1 until the glitch cannot be recreated.

I think it was my own modified fe gun kit, on walkspeed redution feature. I do not know how, I did not touch this line of code ever.
I still don’t actually know, Ill test further and say if it was indeed my own modified fe gun kit

I fixed it myself in my own modified fe gun kit code. I just had to make it so it cant be game processed. And when you said “Game Processed” i already thinked that it could be some type of input.

1 Like