Weird drop in fps while driving a car

hi!
I’m creating a racing game and I ran into a strange bug which is probably caused by physics.
(I’m using heavily modified achassis 1.3)

When driving a car, I feel the fps drop even though they oscillate between 59-60.
(CPU: 16.5-18.8ms and GPU~6ms)

Physics and render ~12%

Looking into the microprofiler, empty frames appear.

It’s hard to assess what exactly affects it because it happens randomly, sometimes immediately after getting into the car and sometimes only after a few minutes of driving.

Game:

If anyone needs more information, just write and I will try to answer as soon as possible.
thanks!

I think because of the attachments and stuff that cause lag in the car when you move. I work with a friend of mine and he also working on cars, when I open my studio and start to work for him, the car was also the reason that cause the server to laggy and FPS drop. I think when you drive the attachment have some movement and cause the game to lag…

the car has only 8 attachments(2 per wheel) and the whole model of the car has completely different collisions than the tires, so they probably have no effect

RobloxScreenShot20230118_143729705 (2)

There must be some reason that makes the game laggy:

1 - There are too many Objects in the game
2 - Your internet is slow or weak
3 - Physics in the game

I think when you move the car, it make a lot of movements and stuff and that is why it cause lag

There are 176 parts that move

Yes, I think that is the reason that causes your game is laggy. 176 parts is a lot and you move the car repeatedly at a fast speed!!

after deleting the entire car model, there are ~60 parts left and the problem still occurs

I noticed that if the car drives on asphalt, the lags are more frequent than it would go on Plastic.

I’m sorry if I don’t know much about this, The texture and material can also cause lag so ye :slight_smile:

ok thanks for your help
I’m trying to find a problem in a Customphysical material.

No problem, thank you for spending time!! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, I drove the car around for 5-10 minutes and didn’t notice a single frame drop.

Can you send a video of what you mean?

most lag ive added to a game is as a result of a memory leak (binding events and not cleaning it up) I don’t think that would result in random dropped frames but idk

1 Like

I think @matikros2005 graphic setting is too high or the graphic mode is automatic. Would you please show us your graphic setting in Roblox @matikros2005??

graphics max.
PC:
i5-9g
1660ti
8gb 2666

I mean the game stays at 60fps all the time.
but sometimes when moving the camera there is a feeling of frame drops can it also be caused by my screen or mouse?

I think it’s just roblox desyncing with the monitor (if you have a 60 hz monitor that’s prob it) (it happens to me all the time lol)

try unlocking your fps to 75 and see if it’s smoother

(edit: same specs as me lol :P)

there is a slight improvement, I think it’s a problem with the monitor, thanks for the help

the problem was dust in the laptop. after cleaning the whole laptop, the game works much better.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.