Weird engine visual bug

Hello, first of all the forum wont let me make a post for engine bugs so this is the second best place I could put it.

I’ve been experiencing this weird roblox engine bug where the user input is delayed (walking in jumping), the lighting disappears for a brief second, and the player also disappears. I don’t know if this is common or if it is a bug with a script.

Here’s a video showing the bug:

It may be because @Roblox is down

I’ve had this bug before around 2 days ago

Then I don’t know what the problem may be, have you contacted @bug-support?

I dont exactly know but is there any scripts doing with lighting and movement of character or infact just manipulating character

There are no scripts in my game that alter the games lighting. However, the only scripts that manipulate the character are a ragdoll script, a viewmodel script, and a bhopping script.

I’ll try disabling these and I’ll get back to you on this.

If I get this bug again, then I will report back.

For now, I suspect that it is due to roblox being down right now.

UPDATE:

I am still getting the bug and I do not know why it is happening

If this adds any more information, I just started getting this problem right after I completed
the age rating survey.

1 Like

If you still have this bug message @bug-support with every information you have, if you do it right they may also make it a topic from what I know

I already sent them a report the day I sent the initial post and I’ve seen nothing since

1 Like

Okay, from what I know it takes about 1 week before they answer, you still have to wait 3 days, you need to be patient, also if you haven’t send them the right ‘format’ they will not answer you (for the only bug report I made it wasn’t following the ‘format’ and it was made weeks ago, they still didn’t answer)

Oh my goodness after a day of suffering, I FOUND IT!!!

It is this line

VecAttach.CFrame = CFrame.lookAt(VecAttach.Position, Character.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame:VectorToObjectSpace(Vector3.new(0, humanoid.MoveDirection.Y,0)))

Okay so let me break this down.

This is a component of a bhopping script for my game and the variable “VecAttach” is an attachment for a vector force

When the player changes direction, the attachment is supposed to point in the direction of motion so the
player doesn’t abuse an engine bug where they can strafe and go super fast.

Here’s the problem, VecAttach is in the center of the HumanoidRootPart… While it’s trying to point at the HumanoidRootPart.

TLDR; The reason why this is happening is because an attachment is trying to point at its self

This also explains why there is no error!

here is the final piece of code:

VecAttach.CFrame = CFrame.lookAt(VecAttach.CFrame.LookVector * -0.0001 , Character.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame:VectorToObjectSpace(Vector3.new(0, humanoid.MoveDirection.Y,0)))
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.