Weird gradient on mesh, even though it's lacking an actual texture?

I wasn’t sure which Help and Feedback channel to put this in, so I put it in Building Support.

My issue regards texturing, and materials.

Issue: I have imported an fbx model into Roblox, but it applies some kind of weird gradient texture (refer to Figure 1). The weird part is, it doesn’t have a Texture according to Roblox; the TextureID property is blank (refer to Figure 2). I have tried to apply my own texture to the mesh, but it doesn’t change the color. I’ve only seen a difference when I changed the material to forcefield (refer to Figure 3 & 4).

Figure 1:

Figure 2:

Figure 3:

Figure 4:

Any suggestions or solutions?

2 Likes

This is because of something called Vertex painting. Some meshes have their triangles colored by default in the software they were modelled in and roblox will apply these colors by default.

1 Like

Remove the Texture that’s in your Mesh in your 3d program.
Or you could just change if from an .fbx file to a .obj file and import it without the texture.

For details on how to texture or remove a texture google search how to do it using your 3d program.

1 Like

Is there a way to remove vertex paint inside of Roblox studio?

No, you can’t do that in roblox. Unless you apply a texture to the mesh or make the mesh completely black.

1 Like

I tried to apply a texture in Roblox Studio

So did it do anything? If it didn’t just try to remove it manually in your 3d software.

1 Like

Well adding a texture to the “TextureID” property inside of the meshpart didn’t help.

But I found a solution that works. It is probably temporary, but it works.

I just added decals to each face of the hand, and it covers it. You can add any kind of decal, but I just added white decals, and changed the Color3 value of the decals to a beige color.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.