Weird issue with unions and negating

Hi, I’m trying to create a metal bunk bed and these red rods are supposed to be the negativeparts that go through the black metal beams (so there can be holes in it)

However once I do union both of them the holes are super uneven and weird.

Not sure what the problem is because I’m relatively new to building and developing actually, so any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think you’ve reached the triangle limit for the union so it reduced the quality of the union.

things like curves and spheres tend to use alot of triangles by nature so it makes sense that your bunk bed ran out given how many holes it has.

You can work around this by simply splitting up your union into multiple parts

4 Likes

You’ve reached the triangle limit as explained above,

Only real away around it is by splitting the model into more pieces to hopefully not hit the cap per brick.

1 Like

I answered this question here a couple weeks ago :slight_smile: : Unions messing up - #4 by Aotrou

Also, I wanted to chime in and say that splitting up your Union is a pretty bad idea because it (almost always) results in poor game performance.

You should be asking yourself “does this asset really need this detail at the cost of the Memory Usage it uses? Will the player even see this?” If the answers are “no” then consider not doing that :slight_smile:

2 Likes