Weird LOD in Roblox Studio: Poor Quality of Meshes with RenderFidelity Set to Automatic

Issue Description:

I am experiencing an issue in Roblox Studio where the Level of Detail (LOD) for meshes with RenderFidelity set to Automatic is displayed at a deficient quality. Despite having all my Studio Settings configured properly for high-quality visuals, the meshes still appear poorly rendered. I have already posted about this issue on the forum and am seeking help, but the problem persists.

Reproduction Steps

1. Open Roblox Studio.
  2. Insert any mesh with the RenderFidelity property set to Automatic.
  3. Observe the quality of the mesh.

Expected Behavior

The mesh should be displayed at a high quality, corresponding to the high visual settings configured in Roblox Studio.

Actual Behavior

The mesh appears to be of very low quality, not reflecting the high visual settings of Roblox Studio.

Visual Aids:

A private message is associated with this bug report

1 Like

Even without any plugins, the issue persists:

This is just an acknowledgment announcement!

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and will come back as soon as we have updates!

Thanks for flagging!

1 Like

Hi @JuanGamerPlayz_RBLX,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! We are currently enhancing the algorithm to improve the visual quality of the meshes and hope that this will enhance your overall experience. The LOD switch is distance-based, and we do not anticipate users viewing the LOD from the distance shown in the picture. However, we offer a function for developers to check LOD meshes by forcing LOD on them. Could you please navigate to File → Studio Settings → Rendering → Debug → Mesh Detail Level, and ensure that DistanceBased is selected? Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

1 Like

Lifesaver that you are, @narheas! :blue_heart:

After applying this modification, the meshes appear in the way that I wanted!

I don’t know how to thank you, but I am finally free from the nightmare… I thought that the Mesh Detail Level should have been as 4 to combine with the Editor Quality Level… Likewise, thank you so much!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.