Weird mesh color after importation?

Hi so I have this mesh here in blender:

Basically it’s a rig in blender. So it’s a SkinnedMesh for my game.

The mesh looks like in blender like any other meshes. Now when I try to import the mesh into studio, the mesh itself becomes “glitched” looking like this:

I thought, why. Why would this happen to the mesh. For some time, I have been messing around with the mesh and nothing seems to work. I don’t even know if this is a some kind of bug/glitch or what.

I checked the properties of the mesh, and the color seems untouched as you can see in the screenshot:
PropertiesTRAB

Even I remove the texture, it’s still the game. I don’t know what is causing the problem here, color’s not tampered neither the texture. What else could it possibly be causing the problem?

Seriously, I don’t know what else to do. I’ve tried everything. I’ve been messing with the mesh for so long. If you have any ideas, reply below! All help is appreciated.

4 Likes

Try putting an different mesh or it’s a bug with roblox studio not sure sorry I can’t help…

1 Like

I don’t have much experience with texturing skinned meshes on Roblox, but I’m pretty sure you have to texture it on Blender via UV unwrapping and texturing. - Correct me if I’m wrong

2 Likes

Well do you use roblox studio or blender?

1 Like

@TypeByte I already have the mesh UV unwrapped and baked the texture into the mesh then straight out export it and import to roblox using Avatar Importer.

The reason I said that because I got the model from DeviantArt. DeviantArt is a website for arts, mesh models, mesh rigs, etc. Basically, when I looked inside, the mesh contains multiple materials or textures. So that would look distorted in roblox studio since roblox only supports 1 texture for textured meshes.

So basically that’s why I said I baked the texture. I combined ALL textures into one.

1 Like

@supersheep9000 I use Blender for meshes as you can see from the screenshots.

Edit: I mean use roblox studio too for basic building like houses and stuff.

Well sadly I don’t know what to tell you mate I only use roblox studio not blender or other editers.

1 Like

There is an issue where mesh texture’s get caught up together, like my fedora would take a texture of a red beret in side the folder. Try making the normal mesh and saving it in a different folder. If that doesn’t work try re doing it.

1 Like

Also try putting it in different mesh types, special mesh, mesh ect…

1 Like

My mesh is a SkinnedMesh though. Did you not see above what I mentioned?

Texture issue then, try that.
If it does not work try re doing it.

1 Like

@lazaD0202 I think it’s not the texture. The texture’s color is not even tampered. It’s probably the mesh itself and I don’t know why is the mesh colored red even though the BrickColor is not tampered. (Default Color)

Also @lazaD0202 if you’d want my .blend file or want me to invite you to team create let me know.

1 Like

Have you tried to delete texture of mesh on blender and replace it on roblox? I already tried to import blender texture but it was glitchy.

@MichaelProductions01 have you found a fix to this issue? I am currently also experiencing this problem. Also with a skinnedmesh and it also turns brown,orange!

1 Like

try press ctrl+a in object mode , then choose scale in the Apply table , then re-upload to roblox again to see if this method works! (note : the ship on the left looked like the one on the right before apply scale)

3 Likes