Weird Mesh Hit Box Problem

I built a map and exported the whole thing then imported it back as a mesh part. For some reason, a small part of the map is having a weird hitbox glitch.

Video of Glitch

Could anyone please tell me how to fix this?
Thank you,
-TmsDevv

Typically, exporting an entire map as one mesh is going to cause this.

I’d suggest exporting collections of walls and other parts separately, this way it wont cause collision issues shown in the video.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

The whole map is a union. so I can’t do that, I’ll just use a normal part version.

Don’t union the whole map! Why would you do that?? Unions are known for unreliable hitboxes, but they’re normally small making it not an issue.

1 Like

I have tons of doors which I need to place in the map. I made parts to make holes in the wall so I can place the doors.

Well don’t union the entire map!

2 Likes

I just said I had to. The mesh part seems to have the weird hitbox, I used the old union and it works fine, so I’ll just use it.

Union the doors separately, not the whole map! You really didn’t have to!

2 Likes

Then have 100 unions laying around? I just said it works when being completely unioned.

Why even having unions though in the first place?

We are going off-topic, does it matter at this point?

1 Like

It’s a help forum and it seems they were trying to help you avoid bad practices. Not off topic at all to me. Organization is better than massive individual builds. I would recommend looking into Object Instancing. Cheers!