Weird problem with Rope constraint and network ownership

Hello
I have very weird problem with rope constraint
I have a space ship which tows the player with a rope attached to the ship and to the player’s HRP.
The ship is network owned by the player.
When I wish to detach the player from the ship, I destroy the rope constraint on the server.
Then I move the player away from the ship, slow him down and little later I call SetNetworkOwnershipAuto on the ship.

At this moment the player accelerates again to a speed similar to the speed of the ship!
The player is not attached anymore with a rope constraint to the ship and the strangest is that the value of AssemblyLinearVelocity of the HRP (measured both on server and on the client) is very different (5 studs/sec) from the actual speed with which the player moves visibly (around 30 studs/sec)…

Any idea what can be the reason for this?

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

I think the desynchronisation between the server and client might be caused by the players character and space ship not having the correct networkowner. Also if this doesn’t work could I perhaps see your code.

what do you mean by “players character correct networkowner”?
The player’s client always owns its own character

I cannot imagine why the velocity measured through HRP.AssemblyLinearVelocity (5 studs/sec) can be so different compared to the Velocity measured by polling the player position in a local script every second (30 studs/sec) no matter if the ship owner is the server or the player and having in mind that the rope constraint is deleted.