Weird Rotation HELP!

Why is my Rotation being weird all of a sudden? Every time I duplicate a model and rotate it the model moves a few studs I remember duplicating a model and when I rotated it it would always stay in the middle and only rotate not move any studs. PLEASE HELP!!!

When I rotate a model inside of a model I expect it to always be in the middle and not move by a stud or two so I’m really confused, if you can help thanks very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is interesting, according to your position stats, the trees are in the same place.

2 Likes

Likely because the pivot of your model isn’t the center of the model.

4 Likes

Exactly! I didn’t even notice that it just confirms that the tree shouldn’t even be a few studs away it’s probably a studio glitch?

A lot of my developer friends have told me the same but I use to always duplicate models and rotate them and it would never show me this weird rotation, it would always rotate right in the middle. I thought I probably changed a setting in studio on accident or something. For example the benches I have in a game I would duplicate them and rotate them the legs would always be in the same spot and I would just move them somewhere else or right beside and now every time I duplicate them they move a stud or too and it makes the map look uneven.

what @VegetationBush was saying was, the pivot of the model might not be in the center.
the yellow parts are in the initial position, however, the one on the right has its pivot moved to the left. because of that, the second part(purple) appears to have moved when both of them have been rotated 90 degrees. If that makes sense

1 Like

Okay thank you! I’ll just make sure to edit the pivot position to the center every time I’m building!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.